Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inductance Reading ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by swmomark View Post
    I am building a new coil and I wasnt sure if the inductance reading on the new coil will change, depending on how tight the coil is wound. Thanks, Mark
    I agree, it will go up as you tightly bind the wires together.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • swmomark
    replied
    Thanks for the info

    Appreciate the help.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by swmomark View Post
    I am building a new coil and I wasnt sure if the inductance reading on the new coil will change, depending on how tight the coil is wound. Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

    the inductance my vary by 10% if the coil is tightly wound or rather loose. The coil inter winding capacitance will increase too.

    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:


  • swmomark
    started a topic Inductance Reading ?

    Inductance Reading ?

    I am building a new coil and I wasnt sure if the inductance reading on the new coil will change, depending on how tight the coil is wound. Thanks, Mark
Working...
X