Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Texas Fisher, Bounty Hunter, and Teknetics HELP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Zincoln Miner
    replied
    What did you wind up with?

    Leave a comment:


  • reddirtfisher
    replied
    I like the Quest metal detector series. They have an office in California and all business with them can be done through that office. Looking at the Quest x10 pro.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mark-VA
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    It's also my preference to buy American made when I can. But you gotta get what makes sense when American companies aren't delivering. I agree, FTP has fallen WAY behind and even though Garrett seems to be moving forward (more so than FTP, anyway) their latest (Apex) seems lackluster compared to what Minelab, XP, and N-M are doing. I say define what it is you want to have, and then buy that. Complaining and waiting are losing strategies, especially with FTP. If FTP (or Garrett) were to suddenly surprise you with a great new model it's not a Big Deal to sell what you have and switch back to American-made.

    Fantastic response. I agree with Carl, in fact I've done just that. Gene Scullion used to be the owner of Badger Metal detectors before taking a job at 1st Texas and I had been purchasing machines from him for may years. I had just recently bought the Tejon and can say I really liked it. Then Fisher came out with the F75, Gene calls and explains that this new machine would well excel the Tejon so I traded in the Tejon with numerous coils and bought the F75 for the difference. Wow was he ever right. I went hunting to a site where I know other hunters had searched and immediately starting finding nice old coins just a couple inches from the hunters actual covered holes. Get what you think will work and have fun. But enjoy what you can because tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

    Leave a comment:


  • reddirtfisher
    replied
    Got an email from Russ at First Texas. They are still promising new units and an updated website but how long do we have to wait????

    Leave a comment:


  • reddirtfisher
    replied
    Great advise Carl, thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    It's also my preference to buy American made when I can. But you gotta get what makes sense when American companies aren't delivering. I agree, FTP has fallen WAY behind and even though Garrett seems to be moving forward (more so than FTP, anyway) their latest (Apex) seems lackluster compared to what Minelab, XP, and N-M are doing. I say define what it is you want to have, and then buy that. Complaining and waiting are losing strategies, especially with FTP. If FTP (or Garrett) were to suddenly surprise you with a great new model it's not a Big Deal to sell what you have and switch back to American-made.

    Leave a comment:


  • First Texas Fisher, Bounty Hunter, and Teknetics HELP

    Happy 4th of July weekend! Just want to share a few thoughts with you guys. I started MDing in 1989. I like to buy American made with American service depts. I used Whites and BH up until the time Whites went out of business. My next choice would have been Fisher BUT....I am so sick and tired of going to FTP website and NOTHING has changed since 2014 !!!!! I don't do FaceCrook and I don't like Garrett (sick and tired of seeing yellow)..but man, I am really tired of waiting on Fisher. I know, I know, Nokta, Minelab, and Quest are all good detectors. I may end up going with Garret if I can't figure anything else out. Please feel free to comment and give me some advise. Remember, American made, great service department and a good updated website are my priorities. PLEASE help, I'm going nuts trying to make a decision forgive me for so much belly aching but, seriously I need to make up my mind. What would you guys do?
Working...
X