Boredom takes its toll. Winter days are very boring and there is little to do.
Specifically on the current topic... I have a Eurotek Pro, just the detector box, a long time ago.
And I wanted to know the coil specs.
I think I even asked here on the forum a year or two ago...didn't get a helpful answer.
But patience pays off. The other day, a complete one came to me for service, again with the same famous problem with the foil keyboard.
Those foil keyboards are a very bad solution. There is no brand or model on which it does not suffer sooner or later.
The only "local" solution, with the lowest possible costs; is the removal of the foil and the installation of micro buttons.
But that doesn't matter now, the point is that I finally measured the stock coil.
TX= 4.2 ohms / 0.92mH
RX= 22.7 ohms / 8.68mH
I think it is 8" coil.
I did not measure the exact diameter with a ruler.
...
And with these coil specs, this topic finally made sense!
Leave a comment: