I had chance to see and test several models from Nokta/Makro.
Simplex+ was kind a disappointing on real soil.
But the price is such that i should not complain, you get enough for that money.
Also i noticed that speaker is often burns at some models and lately mostly at Simplex+.
Is it bad projecting? Or they just stumbled on very bad speaker series.
It is kind a annoying and nonsense to disassemble whole detector, probably destroy front panel sticker, just to replace the speaker.
I had few of those on service, changed speakers and i hate to see how is done. Last one i gave up, front panel screws were so tight and "cemented" so i couldn't unscrew them at all.
I was afraid i will make more damage on enclosure if i continue. So simply i gave up and return back the detector to its owner.
I like Racer and Kruzer though.
But also on one Kruzer i had to replace the speaker.
What's the story with those speakers?!
Or is it audio output so strong and uncontrolled and it simply destroys speakers often?
Kruzer is really good, aside that.
The impression is that Nokta / Makro, after many "birth pains" and even more "pains in growing up",
has finally reached the level of a very serious manufacturer of this equipment.
Some of their models are really competitive in the market and there is not much to complain about.
Maybe they are still wandering around a bit, when it comes to some technical solutions, such as this problem with the speakers, so tighten up screws etc.
I really hate to see front panel screws hidden behind the front panel sticker. I spitted on such idea so many times at other manufacturers too.
They must understand that there are areas and places where is not so easy and affordable to follow regular servicing procedures.
Many customers became unhappy and unsatisfied because of that. For such a trivial and nonsense cause.
But they definitely caught my attention; as with some very good models: so with very logical and affordable prices of some models.
I am interested to see what it is that their new multi frequency detector will bring up.

Leave a comment: