Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • reddirtfisher
    replied
    Sorry misspelled Deus,

    Leave a comment:


  • reddirtfisher
    replied
    I will never buy a douche metal detector without trying it out first.

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    I have noticed that higher frequency is more quiet. I usually use 18kh with deus 1:

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I tested the round HF coil x years ago, I don't remember the details, except that it was very "calm" on very heavy ground, on which the black 22.5cm was very restless. Now this ellipse behaves the same.

    Leave a comment:


  • EL NINO
    replied
    Ivconic..I'll be really curious about your opinion on this ellipse HF coil..let's say the results and possibly the advantages and disadvantages of this coil...in comparison to a 9" round HF coil..

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Finally after many years I bought a HF coil. There are plenty of ovals on the local market, but there are no ellipticals. That's why it was hard to find it.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	HF coil 01.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	657.4 KB
ID:	443114​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    A job very well done!
    I had a dozen pinpointers, but none of them were seriously usable until this one.
    If I hadn't had the pinpointer with me yesterday, that coin would have been damaged during the excavation.
    There are so far only two pointers that have impressed me; XP MI6 and F-Pulse.
    It's hard to decide which one is better. And it's irrelevant.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    If I have learned anything in this hobby, from 1987 to today; it is that there is not even 1 square meter on the planet that has no remnants of human activity at any time throughout history.
    And when it seems to you that in some place it is impossible that a person has ever passed by and left/lost something; be convinced that it is possible and that it is found in incredible places beyond all (today's) logic.
    Throughout my search "career", such cases always refuted me in the belief that "there is no way that anything can be found in such and such a place".
    This is not just a story, I mean this very seriously. You need to be very thorough, slow and detailed when searching.
    Detectors are very far from any kind of perfection. And it's easier to miss a good find than to find one.
    It is enough for the coil to move a few cm to the left or right of the finding and you miss.
    Proof of this is the fact that I have been visiting the same fields for over 30 years, over and over again, and there is always something to be found.
    And on almost the same paths that I have passed a hundred times.
    It's as if new findings "sprout" and "grow" in places where they weren't before.
    And in fact it is a trick of the mind, bad memory and the inability to pass the coil literally over every square centimeter.
    It's the same walking path, but it's not the same path that the coil takes. Something always changes, an angle, a position, a few cm to the left, to the right...
    In the artificial conditions when the detector is tested, everything looks so easy and good, almost perfect.
    But in real locations, in real conditions; everything is so different and totally unpredictable.
    Of course, with the passage of years, the quantity of finds also decreases drastically.
    It is increasingly difficult to find something in previously visited localities. Many searchers have passed there, many detectors. Many years.
    But you can never say that a locality is finally explored and empty.
    For the last few years, I have been using the "trick" of not visiting places where it is already known that something has been found there.
    I go to "nonsense" places, in search of "accidental" finds.
    And then it proves to me what was said before that there is no surface on the planet without traces of human existence, activity or any residue.
    The difference between "nonsense" places and localities is only in the quantity of findings.
    There used to be that difference in favor of locality in the past... today it's in favor of "nonsense" places.

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post

    Nothing like that around me. My area has about 150 years of post stone-age activity. You are fortunate in that regard.
    Yes, but not just me. The entire Balkans is too rich in archaeology.
    Between the "old Roman empire" and the "new Roman empire", Rome - Constantinople (Istanbul).
    It is reliably known that 17 great Roman emperors were born on the territory of today's Serbia.
    And some archaeologists and historians mention figures of 23.
    Although there is direct evidence only for 17.
    The most famous is certainly Constantine, born 60 km away from my place.
    Yes, in that regard we are somewhat "privileged" here.
    ...
    But USA territory is too big and I'm sure it's full of still undiscovered archeological sites.
    Here's an example:
    https://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/the...rica-1.6733497
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    And on the other hand, I go out into nature, breathe the best air in the world, walk through untouched nature, from time to to time find some find older than Christ...
    Nothing like that around me. My area has about 150 years of post stone-age activity. You are fortunate in that regard.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by filos View Post
    akıllısın "buka". Ben de güzel bir şey bulursam onu ​​da çöpe atıp başka zamana saklarım.. Ekranın arkasından “Buka” sana bakıyor.
    Yes she is behind the monitor, "hiding"...

    Leave a comment:


  • filos
    replied
    you are smart "buka". I, too, if I find something good, I also throw it away and save it for another time.. “Buka” is looking at you behind the screen.

    Leave a comment:


  • filos
    replied
    akıllısın "buka". Ben de güzel bir şey bulursam onu ​​da çöpe atıp başka zamana saklarım.. Ekranın arkasından “Buka” sana bakıyor.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    When I look at some "high-tech" topics on the forum, with a bunch of "oscillograms" (drawn in XP Paint, lol)... some kind of powerful mathematical formulas... some kind of powerful ramifications...
    And on the other hand, I go out into nature, breathe the best air in the world, walk through untouched nature, from time to to time find some find older than Christ...
    I feel like exclaiming here on the forum: "Hey Pashtuns! What's cooking!"
    A bunch of "Sheldons" of some sort... bizarre occurrences.



    But then "Buca" comes along and warns me not to "wave" too much! "Chill a little" as if to say!
    Try to find Buca in the picture!



    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240410_184118.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	590.1 KB
ID:	422818​​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X