Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
DIY PIC programer
Collapse
X
-
If this work why not, trying to be economical with used components, btw $15 is 2 days work for standart sallary here.Originally posted by eclipse View PostIt's too old for today's standards. Decent USB programmer for latest versions of Windows costs 15$ bucks and less so why loosing time over this?
Comment
-
This programmer requires your PC to have a serial port, so you're better off buying a proper USB programmer. Also, as eclipse already said, there's hardly any difference in cost.Originally posted by ripsdevala View Post
Comment
-
You show a version of JDM programmer. It should work. I personally like another version of this programmer. It works perfectly with proper installation of the elements.Originally posted by ripsdevala View Post
This version allows the programming of more PIC chips, but as you know this type of programmer can't program all PIC chips.Attached Files
Comment
-
Here is the cheapest programmer I was able to find (Pickit2 off ebay.com)
It costs only 8$ and when you consider the amount of time, parts and effort you need to put to assemble your own programmer it will probably come cheaper this way,
plus it will support way more Microchips, easy PC interface through the USB port, able to use it on Windows 7/8/10, etc..
It's the one I have right now and it works great (from different seller but looks the same).
Comment
-
I just cant wait pickit3 and ic ship from china, and yes my pc have rs232 serial port, already test it its blink when i try device search, winpic800 say "unknown device"Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostThis programmer requires your PC to have a serial port, so you're better off buying a proper USB programmer. Also, as eclipse already said, there's hardly any difference in cost.
Thanks alot for the info torosOriginally posted by Toros View PostYou show a version of JDM programmer. It should work. I personally like another version of this programmer. It works perfectly with proper installation of the elements.
This version allows the programming of more PIC chips, but as you know this type of programmer can't program all PIC chips.
Yes already buy pickit3 but it take too long to arrive with ems free shipping.Originally posted by eclipse View PostHere is the cheapest programmer I was able to find (Pickit2 off ebay.com)
It costs only 8$ and when you consider the amount of time, parts and effort you need to put to assemble your own programmer it will probably come cheaper this way,
plus it will support way more Microchips, easy PC interface through the USB port, able to use it on Windows 7/8/10, etc..
It's the one I have right now and it works great (from different seller but looks the same).
Comment
-
If you do displayed my version of JDM programmer then you will have the opportunity to program the 18F2550, which underlies PIC KIT 2.Originally posted by ripsdevala View PostIf this work why not, trying to be economical with used components, btw $15 is 2 days work for standart sallary here.
Here I show a Russian scheme PIC Kit 2 that works perfectly with proper installation of the elements. Filled with DIP elements. FETs are replaced as follows: N channel with BS250, P channel with BS170
D3, D4 - 1N5819, D1 - 1N4148
Operational amplifier is the MCP 601.
To work with PIC Kit 2 you need a program PICkit2 v2.61 and additional file for updating the list of supported chips. The program is great and I can not apply it here. I attach only file via upgrades.
Comment
-

Comment