Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Crossbow Classic PI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Infamy
    replied
    Thanks thats made my day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Infamy View Post
    Hi does anyone know anything about the Crossbow Classic control box supplier. I came across it a few years ago but can't find it now, thanks.
    It's a Unio Box from Lincoln Binns -> https://lincolnbinns.com/uniobox-66.html

    Leave a comment:


  • Infamy
    replied
    Hi does anyone know anything about the Crossbow Classic control box supplier. I came across it a few years ago but can't find it now, thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    @ Martin did you carry through with your Crossbow build?
    Hi Surtdetector,
    Got the boards, got the components but have not had time to bring them together yet. MrsB has other things for me to do at present, not as interesting but they have to be done, although I did manage to sneak a couple of days perfecting pulling coil shells on my vacuum former. Should be back in the workshop soon

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look
    Boards are now in production a should be with me in a couple of weeks
    @ Martin did you carry through with your Crossbow build?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    @6666, Did you ever do any experimentation with this type of coil? Thanks.

    Missed your post till today sorry, yes had a quick play and it works ok, but harder to make former.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    TowySalmon would you mind measuring the outside dimension of one of the coils ellipses please
    as per attachment you will see the arrows point to the measurement I'm asking about thanks.
    [ATTACH]41132[/ATTACH]
    @6666, Did you ever do any experimentation with this type of coil? Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Martin, Thanks. The Gerbers I posted were the one's obtained a couple of years ago when I was a member of the Mirage and Crossbow forum (Area51). The Crossbow and the Mirage Projects were the first detectors that attracted me to joining Geotech in 2016. My first build was the Surf longboard because I wasn't experienced enough back then to build the Crossbow. Keep us posted on your build. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hiya Martin. Here are the Gerbers for the Crossbow pcbs that Alec used successfully. I don't know if the ones in post #18 are different to these but these are proven. Have a successful Build! I'll be starting a new Crossbow thread hopefully soon. George has kindly given me his consent to write a Crossbow Build Guide that he will review for me before I ask his permission to post it. It will be in accordance with a lot of information from Alec's top class videos and photo's etc that I will be taking as I build along to add to the guide. Hopefully it won't take too long!,,Lol Regards, Marty.
    Hi Marty
    Thanks for the gerber files. When I get time, i will have a look and do a comparison. Good luck with the manual

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hello Martin,

    I had a successful build of the Crossbow Classic and I did a series of YouTube videos of my build here that you might find to be of interest:

    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...25R5R4iut8Y_s1
    Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look
    Boards are now in production a should be with me in a couple of weeks

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hiya Martin. Here are the Gerbers for the Crossbow pcbs that Alec used successfully. I don't know if the ones in post #18 are different to these but these are proven. Have a successful Build! I'll be starting a new Crossbow thread hopefully soon. George has kindly given me his consent to write a Crossbow Build Guide that he will review for me before I ask his permission to post it. It will be in accordance with a lot of information from Alec's top class videos and photo's etc that I will be taking as I build along to add to the guide. Hopefully it won't take too long!,,Lol Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya Martin. Here are the Gerbers for the Crossbow pcbs that Alec used successfully. I don't know if the ones in post #18 are different to these but these are proven. Have a successful Build! I'll be starting a new Crossbow thread hopefully soon. George has kindly given me his consent to write a Crossbow Build Guide that he will review for me before I ask his permission to post it. It will be in accordance with a lot of information from Alec's top class videos and photo's etc that I will be taking as I build along to add to the guide. Hopefully it won't take too long!,,Lol Regards, Marty.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Hi Surfdetector,
    I am in the process of ordering 5 boards as per the files in post #18 of this thread.

    Hello Martin,

    I had a successful build of the Crossbow Classic and I did a series of YouTube videos of my build here that you might find to be of interest:

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hi Marty,
    Did you ever do one of the Crossbow machines or just the Mirage? I was thinking about getting a few Crossbow boards made as the Gerber files are here.
    Cheers
    Hi Surfdetector,
    I am in the process of ordering 5 boards as per the files in post #18 of this thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by TowySalmon View Post
    I am open to offers for the coil.
    I think on this forum that we are more interested in making our own clones

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X