Detecting non-linearities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detecting non-linearities

I spend most of my time just trying to understand all of this. As my interests are prospecting and I have a background in RF communications, I paid attention to the discussions on frequency domain versus time domain.

So here is a thought that occurred to me.

Coils in orthogonal configuration, but there are two parallel xmit coils on different frequencies in the high VLF/low LF range. The two xmit frequencies might need to be non-harmonically related.

Rcvr coil goes to splitter with one output to normal detection scheme, but other to tuned circuit resonant on difference of the two xmit frequencies.

I see both xmit coils in the same plane with one inside the 90 degree rotated rcvr coil and the other outside the rcvr coil.

The idea is based upon many of the metallic sulphides will act as diodes and thus generate mixing products (the old crystal radio approach) . And thus we get a metallic sulphide detector because of these non-linearities. More mixing product signal, greater metallic sulphide content of matrix.

What is wrong with this idea?
    eric

Nonlinearities tend to vanish fast with waning activation. e.g. 2nd harmonic generated by some nonlinearity is reduced twice as fast than the linear component, and these curves meet at some bogus high activation. I'd stick to linear phenomena.

Comment

Okay, thanks.
      eric

Comment

Working...
      X