Geoelectric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoelectric

Hello. i'm a first year Geoelectric student. i know how to use Res2dinv but i don't know how to detects anomalies how to combine inversion model and geology information and using mapsource software with Res2dinv. i need some examples or tutorial on those please help me

Anyone? if someone has any pdf file beside Res2dinv manuel please share it. even your course notes might be useful to me

Comment

Well thank you for nothing guys

Comment

Originally posted by dawnmist View Post
        If you didn't get a reply, then no-one here has the information you're looking for.

Comment

Yup, never heard of it, no idea.

Comment

Hello. i'm a first year Geoelectric student. i know how to use Res2dinv but i don't know how to detects anomalies how to combine inversion model and geology information and using mapsource software with Res2dinv. i need some examples or tutorial on those please help me
            I've also never heard of it.
            However, if you put "Res2dinv tutorial" into Google, you get a whole host of youtube videos, tutorials and getting-started guides.
            Are these not enough?

Comment

never heard of it ether, but was starting to investigate until the smart alec remark, then ceased and desisted.

Comment

Geoelectric,

If you want to see an interesting example that might stimulate your imagination, there's a Nova video about a Lithuanian holocaust escape tunnel where they got a final confirmation of the tunnel's pathway using transverse electrical resistance surveying showing several psuedo-colored corss sections to confirm the supposed tunnel path. The video is at: https://www.pbs.org/video/holocaust-...tunnel-pps45x/

I would humbly echo the suggestions here on eschewing comments like "Well thank you for nothing guys". Discernment and character, along with a good technical education, can take you far into a world of great opportunities.

God Bless and Best Wishes,
                Coop, aa1ww

Comment

Geoelectric,

It occurred to me that you might consider some classic examples at first (assuming you're not already familiar with them). I used electrical resistivity surveying in an undergraduate geology lab in Troy, NY, USA in 1973. We had no computational capability to solve for the inversion model but we started some known conditions that occur quite commonly. Somewhat permeable soil over a bedrock strata with planar strike and dip and typically some moisture collecting at the interface will yield predictable (a.k.a. deterministic) results which can be great for verifying the process which you are trying to uncover.

Hope that's a help,
                  Coop, aa1ww
                  Last edited by aa1ww; 05-29-2018, 09:30 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Looks similar to what the time team use to use 20 years ago. They moved to magnetometers due to being able to quickly gather more data points.

Comment

Originally posted by Koala View Post
                      Looks similar to what the time team use to use 20 years ago. They moved to magnetometers due to being able to quickly gather more data points.
                      Someday I like to hear more about that. The instrument sensitivity sounds impressive. The electrical resistivity survey, at least to me, is a macro-scale Kelvin measurement (4-point probe method). We drove in the two end rods and then used the moving two-point probes at regular intervals from one end-point rod to the other and then stared at the data until we began to believe our own conclusions. Fortunately we knew the shallow geology a priori.

Coop, aa1ww

Comment

Originally posted by aa1ww View Post
                        Someday I like to hear more about that. The instrument sensitivity sounds impressive. The electrical resistivity survey, at least to me, is a macro-scale Kelvin measurement (4-point probe method). We drove in the two end rods and then used the moving two-point probes at regular intervals from one end-point rod to the other and then stared at the data until we began to believe our own conclusions. Fortunately we knew the shallow geology a priori.

Coop, aa1ww
                        Went on YouTube to find an example and turned up with a whole program i had not seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWEQ6nKjo4E

Only watch halfway through yet but interesting enough to post.

Of to watch the next half

Comment

Working...
                        X