MAG vs GPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAG vs GPR

my question is as follows: according to my knowledge, a true GPR gives us the results of its surveys through software imaging, on the other hand, the so-called: GPR devices which are in reality and most often only simple magnetometers which also give the results of their surveys through software imaging, but the problem is that the imaging software used in the two cases are not of the same nature: for true GPRs, the software image looks like a medical radio and can only be exploited by competent personnel whereas magnetometers with imagery use specific software which shows us different colors according to the probable targets. my question is the following, in our field, we are recreational prospectors, the imaging magnetometer software is easier for us to understand, why the GPR manufacturers have not designed these simple software with color such as: Visualizer3D in order to reach a greater majority of customers? unlike their software reserved for an elite? What is the problem ? technical ? Can programmers do this? the scanning techniques are the same for both devices, the data provided is only raw BYTES, so what is this problem that if solved will cause a rush of customers to true GPR.

The methods are completely different. GPR gives a depth profile that you can't simply convert into a color; you have to look at the profile results and figure out (with experience) what it means. A mag (and a metal detector as well) only gives you an overall reading for each spot, and you can assign that reading a color based on intensity or phase or whatever the result units are. There is no depth profile.

Comment

thank you men
      " GPR gives a depth profile that you can't simply convert into a color "
      i always know that but :

I therefore deduce that the GPR software is unable to separately target any anomalies when it receives and processes the data from the antenna, it rather displays a general snapshot which looks like a medical X-ray in which the anomalies are most often represented by sort of more or less large parabolas depending on the target, but I insist on the fact that when the data collected by the antenna to the software is essentially binary via perhaps several AC-DC converters digital or other integrators, I think that an excellent computer scientist if he looked into this case could remedy it since we are in the field of boolean algebra

Comment

GPR and magnetometers are two completely different technologies.
        GPR has a transmitter that generates radio waves which are then radiated by an antenna, propagate into the subsurface, and part of those waves are reflected back to a receiver any time there is a contrast in the dielectric permittivity.
        A magnetometer measures magnetic fields, usually the local magnetic anomaly of rocks or sediments due to their interaction with Earth's magnetic field.

Comment

Working...
        X