• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected]

Comment

• [email protected]

Comment

• You may have to open up the inverter to see if there are any markings inside.

Comment

• Give me an email and I will send you the photo

Comment

• You can post it here on the forum. Click the Upload Attachments button on the right, then the Upload Attachments button at the bottom.

​ Click image for larger version

Name:	UploadAttachments.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	408079
            Attached Files

Comment

• I could not upload

Comment

• I could not upload

Comment

• Can you give me more information? This is new forum software and I am trying understand any problems people are having.

Comment

• I'm using a modified Accumeter, and need a circuit to automatically reverse the polarity of the output, say every 5 seconds. I'm electrically savy enough to build stuff, and do repairs, but not an engineer. I was a radar tech in the military.
                    Many thanks,
                    Jim

Comment

• I don't understand what you are wanting to do. The Accumeter produces an output that is AC and reverses polarity 60 times a second.

Comment

• Thanks, Carl. I got that. I'm trying a "pulsed" DC via a half-wave rectifier, rather than the AC. But, I was thinking there might be some issues with a constant DC polarity, so thought I might try reversing the polarity every 2 or 3 seconds. But now I'm thinking I can do that with a relay and automobile turn signal flasher unit.
                        Jim

Comment

• That might be the easiest solution.

Comment

• What I really want is to reverse the polarity about every 3 or 4 seconds. Long enough to take a reading between changes. I'm using the modded Accumeter as a sending source for the RES2DINV software. The current at the 'C' probes, and voltage at the 'P' probes tends to drift if left at a constant polarity. I'm hoping to offset that drift. We'll see.
                            Jim

Comment

• A simple 555 timer driving a relay (or, better yet, a solid state relay) would give you the ability to vary the frequency.

Comment

• I was hoping I could buy something like that, but everything I found had a 1hz minimum. I'm going to keep looking into it. I wouldn't think the needed circuit would be anything complex. I found a guy on youtube that reverse engineered an LED turn signal flasher unit, and had the schematic. From the looks of that, changing one of the resistors to a pot would allow adjustment.
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X