No announcement yet.

Accumeter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought some of you guys (or gals) might find this interesting. To go back about 4 years...I started looking into resistivity because of the 2.2lb hunk of nearly pure copper I found in northeast Nevada. I'm still convinced there's a large lode there somewhere. So jump to now, and I had mentioned to an online friend last fall that I had used Resistivity down there, and had some, but limited, experience with it, but I'd built a power supply, (based on the Accumeter) and a system to work with a free 2d software package. He asked me to come up to the Helena area where he has several claims, and teach him how to use the system. So, Friday Chris and I loaded the Casita and headed north. Saturday we went to one of his claims in the Marysville area. The metals, mostly copper and gold, in this area come either from quartz veins or are ancient pockets of sedimentary deposits. We wanted to determine if the oxydized copper we were finding on the surface came from a quartz vein, or were pockets of debris from farther up the hill. The image attached is what the software kicked out after we took 48 readings. Those 48 readings took the 4 of us about 6 hours to do, and then I spent another couple of hours doing the math so I could input the data in a form the software would accept. We only went to a depth of about 3 meters, as were trying to determine if there were rising quartz veins below the oxydized copper they'd been finding. In the image, the light blue is the low-resisitvity rock, and is what we want to see. The green/yellow is broken rock and overburden of various densities, and the orange/brown and deep blue/purpler is the undisturbed bedrock. You can see the pockets containing the oxydized copper they'd found, and you can also see they don't extend below about 5' of depth (1.5 meters). We covered about a 50 meter distance along an access road cut into the hillside.

Comment

Working...
    X