No announcement yet.

looking for home-made G.P.R.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Valchev, are you familiar with the term "hyperbola"? Why is it that your caves don't produce hyperbolas? Your metal plates don't produce hyperbolas but lines? Is there any physical explanation for that? Keep in mind, that I know the answer, so be careful when answering, you might embarrass yourself even more than you have already done.
    Let's see how much you know what you claim you know, ah?

Comment

• Originally posted by gwzd View Post
      Yes, Valchev, are you familiar with the term "hyperbola"? Why is it that your caves don't produce hyperbolas? Your metal plates don't produce hyperbolas but lines? Is there any physical explanation for that? Keep in mind, that I know the answer, so be careful when answering, you might embarrass yourself even more than you have already done.
      Let's see how much you know what you claim you know, ah?

Originally posted by Reinaldo Alvarez Cabrera
      Hello Valchev,
      Well, I can help you out with all the marketing for our stuff and give you a bit of a lift off. Now, let me clarify a few things. First of all, we manufacture all products Radarteam sells, because Radarteam is a reseller not a manufacturing or developing company. So, if you have seen Radarteam products in Bulgaria then you have seen ours. Second, we do have complete GPR systems and that's what I wanted to offer you to sell in Bulgaria. The idea is to get involved and sell the products. We have presentations, brochures, training material etc, but unfortunately all in English. We developed the CobraLocator marketed by Radarteam at the moment and followed by the Explorer since we are planning to terminate the contract with Radarteam at the end of this year. It cost too much and gives too little to us.
      Assembling a GPR is not an easy task if one doesn't have the proper equipment and the kind of amateur people who would be interested in such an option doesn't have it. I don't think that's a good idea overall, look at the PPM Mark II that Willy is trying to push.
      I got the impression that you know the technology and that's what makes you interesting for us in Bulgaria. Sales people trying to make a buck is no problem to find, finding a person with the proper knowledge that's another story. I hope you can understand our point of view.
      However, my e-mail address is [email protected], if you think all this sounds interesting then drop me an e-mail and then we could get into more detail.
      My best regards,
      Reinaldo Alvarez Cabrera
      CEO Geoscanners AB
      Sweden

Comment

• Originally posted by Valchev View Post
        Der Mr Reinaldo Alvarez Cabrera,

Why i receive the next private messages before time from you ?

Because I got tired to try to explain the concepts in your home country and thought you might be the right person, but I was wrong, obviously.
        Then again it says "the impression" and that's what it was an "impression", I don't know you personally that's why I don't do claims about your age or how much you know about GPR. Only based on the facts you are giving yourself, nothing else.
        But, never mind, we already got a person with perhaps not so much knowledge as you, I never said you are completely out of the technology, but with much more desire to work and make a buck or two.
        All yours
        Last edited by gwzd; 12-07-2009, 06:59 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

• Yes, another thing Valchev, if your read the private messages there's nothing there saying I'm interested in your equipment. I thought you might learn quite a deal from us and we could develop a good cooperation. I was wrong, you are in it for the buck and our equipment would have put your junk in the dust forever.

Comment

• You can repost my PM as many times as you want, everything I said in there is true. Do you have a 4GHz oscilloscope yourself? I doubt it. Do you have precision time sources so you can measure the jitter of your time generators? I think not. What is the maximum jitter tolerated in a 20ns time range? How would you know, if you knew your data wouldn't look like it does. The list can continue, that's why this is not a project for an amateur. But, you think it is and therefore you sell your amateurish junk for the price of the real thing. Is that how you show your interest in the technology?

Comment

• So, you don't know, now do you? When you calm down a bit and want to know drop me an e-mail and I'll help you with that, trust me, your customers would appreciate it a lot.

Comment

• Now a final note, if you want we can move this discussion into a private one, we are making lots of noise here for other people who most probably got already bored to death with it. Your call Valchev,

Comment

• Young boy you need a doctor!

Comment

• Originally posted by gwzd View Post
                    Now a final note, if you want we can move this discussion into a private one, we are making lots of noise here for other people who most probably got already bored to death with it. Your call Valchev,
                    I have nothing to hide.

Comment

• Neither do I, but I think this is getting boring to others.

Comment

Young boy you need a doctor!
                        Are you psychic?

Comment

• what do you think of that?
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Korrigan,
                            Both block diagrams you presented are showing a variety of GPR. This is called "Step Frequency" and from the point of view of component availability, quality, documentation and price this is the way to go. In fact there are to my knowledge two companies producing commercial equipment based on this technology, one of them our neighbor here in the North 3D-Radar http://www.3d-radar.com/. Quite successful by the way and excellent data, to the point that the military bought the company from the fellow who started it.
                            Now, independently of the way you use to collect your data your final goal is always a measurement of time, as precise as possible. So, with step frequency radar you are sweeping the frequencies over the bandwidth of interest and measuring the response, pretty much in the same way a spectrum analyzer with a tracking generator does. After your have your "trace" in the frequency domain you can "synthesize" your time domain response to get in that way your time/depth information. I was in 2004 the tutor for a master of thesis in the local university for a work similar to this and the results were extremely good. Not good enough to be commercially produced though, but still quite good. Must of the work with this approach is done in the software side, so if you are good at programming this is the way to go. Most of the components shown are available of the shelf and should not be any difficult to put together. In fact I think this might be the way to go for a "home made GPR", but you still need a good coder with some DSP background to tackle all the small issues you are going to have.
                            My best regards
                            RA

Comment

• It can to be too FMICW radar. If you are interested from continuous sine wave GPR see: http://courses.ece.illinois.edu/ece4...inal_paper.doc

Comment

It can to be too FMICW radar. If you are interested from continuous sine wave GPR see: http://courses.ece.illinois.edu/ece4...inal_paper.doc
                                If that would be the case they would not need the switches for the antennas, a FMCW don't need that. Besides, the antenna development would be a pain and way out of amateur reach because of the complexity of the tuning equipment involved.
                                RA

Comment

Working...
                                X