GPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPL

anyone of you here already tried and used GROUND PENETRATING LOCATOR? OR RESISTIVITY METER?

CAN IT DETECT BOMBS? I MEAN BOOBY TRAPS!

THANKS!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    anyone of you here already tried and used GROUND PENETRATING LOCATOR? OR RESISTIVITY METER?

CAN IT DETECT BOMBS? I MEAN BOOBY TRAPS!

THANKS!
    Hi , I think GPL is = GPR ( GROUND PENETRATING RADAR ). If you have this unit you can detect many types of mines and bombs ( metal , plastic and wooden boxes). Any object, if have different local EM-speed or density then ground, will appear with different color on screen.

Comment

GPL (Ground Penetrating Locator) is a grossly overpriced low-quality resistivity meter sold by Kellyco. It would not easily detect small anomalies, mainly large differences in ground resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
        GPL (Ground Penetrating Locator) is a grossly overpriced low-quality resistivity meter sold by Kellyco. It would not easily detect small anomalies, mainly large differences in ground resistance.
        So, "GPL" is registered name of Kellyco? I every time think that GPL is general name of type detectors equally of GPR.
        I will correct my glossary.
        Thanks.

Comment

Yes, GPL is not GPR. The confusing similarity in names is not a coincidence.

Comment

Yes, GPL is not GPR. The confusing similarity in names is not a coincidence.

carl,
            does GPL can really detect a bomb?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              carl,
              does GPL can really detect a bomb?
              Resistivity meters can detect relatively large discontinuities in soil conductivity. That can be due to a buried conductor, or a void. So it would depend on the size & makeup of the bomb.

Comment

GPL

THANKS!

Comment

magnometer and gold

Hi I'm new to all this and was wondering does a magnometer detect gold at depths of 2 to 5 meters, as gold is nonferrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Anwar View Post
                    Hi I'm new to all this and was wondering does a magnometer detect gold at depths of 2 to 5 meters, as gold is nonferrous.
                    No, mags can't detect gold.

Comment

Hi Carl, thanks for your reply, what would you recommend for gold detecting at 3m to 4m depth, what do you think of GPR, thanks any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

mags

Originally Posted by Anwar
                        Carl is correct: as gold is nonferrous magnetometers can not detect gold.
                        BUT
                        If the gold was burried in such a deep hole (2-5 meters) much of soil was disturbed. So here you got differences in magnetic susceptibility of desturbed and undisturbed soil and this magnetometers can detect. You will need to work in grid to map anomalies and actually see where potential target lies.
                        This is not beep and dig procedure.

GPR - similar story here: It will detect gold (if big enough for used wavelength) but it will detect also all kinds of other geological and manmade features. You will have to dig yourself deep into geophysics to validate any GPR profiles.

Comment

gpl detecting

hi anwer i dont know why are you looking to gpl this is a useless for treasure hunting . i think may be help you but i dont know your location ...........rajesh indore

Comment

Originally posted by Leto View Post
                            GPR - similar story here: It will detect gold (if big enough for used wavelength) but it will detect also all kinds of other geological and manmade features. You will have to dig yourself deep into geophysics to validate any GPR profiles.
                            You don't have to dig yourself deep into geophysics to see the following storage tanks in GPR profile, or the two tombs buried at 6 meters depth. Both profiles done with our unit the Cobra Locator.
                            Regards,
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X