Earth Resistivity Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi. Ok TR Locator is a Russian version of a two box metal detector.
    Nelson
    Thanks for the info

Comment

RM

hi, the first test i made with RM (EPE 2003) is in a model where i put 3 layer of soil and then i tried to processing with res2dinv but the error is too high and it's wrong on the left side of image, see below. Any suggest?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alessandro View Post
        hi, the first test i made with RM (EPE 2003) is in a model where i put 3 layer of soil and then i tried to processing with res2dinv but the error is too high and it's wrong on the left side of image, see below. Any suggest?
        Very fun . Do you think your model might be flawed as it is not a true 1/2 space? Was your model deep enough for the probe spacing? What probe array did you use? What did the apparent resistivity "raw" data look like prior to res2dinv inverse problem? Also, try doing iteration with lower error than %35.

I don't know what to tell you but the data should not look like that. It almost looks like the left side of the res2dinv is upside down. Do you think the numbers on that side were reversed by accident?

Comment

Yes may be, and probably i made mistake to write data in the right order. i used Wenner array with 0.1 m spacing. In the next days i'll post something else.

Comment

Earth resistivity meter from EPE

Hi Alessandro.
            Today i just finish my ERM from EPE, and i have a few questions on how this device operate.
            1.- When i turn the unit on, a delay or somethig happends, because the display turns on after 6 or 8 seconds.
            2.- When you push S4, S5 or MODE buttons, also a delay btw pushes occur, about 6 seconds btw each push.
            3.- The circuit is not mounted on a box yet.
            4.- I didn´t made the test on real soil, it was just made on the desk.
            5.- When the unit is on, the display shows what EPE saids. Also the commands to clear the memory, data transfer and so on, are working to.

Whel, if you have any idea on how to test this unit, i ll be very happy.
            In advance, many thanks.
            Regards
            Nelson

Comment

Earth resistivity meter from EPE

Hi Nelson, i don't what the reason of delay but tou could check again all contacts with tester.If delay remains but the values on display are correct, you could test outside. Instead of using probes like the EPE RM part 2, you could use another configuration: for example use a 10m survey line where you put 20 o more 10cm long spikes and then you make measurements using a pole-dipole configuration for example. It's only an example (but it's zero cost!). The elaboration to have an soil image could be made with this software (see www.es.lancs.ac.uk/people/amb/Profiler/profiler.htm). Ask if you have any question so we can improve our survey. A.

Comment

ERM

Hi Alessandro and thanks for your response.
                Yes i think i ll chek the circuit outside, after i plece it on a box.
                After work today, i will try the software on the link you gave me.
                For shure, i ll keep in touch with you to share my expirencies.
                By the way, have you found anyhing with your ERM?
                Regards
                Nelson
                Santiago, CHILE SA

Hi Nelson, i don't what the reason of delay but tou could check again all contacts with tester.If delay remains but the values on display are correct, you could test outside. Instead of using probes like the EPE RM part 2, you could use another configuration: for example use a 10m survey line where you put 20 o more 10cm long spikes and then you make measurements using a pole-dipole configuration for example. It's only an example (but it's zero cost!). The elaboration to have an soil image could be made with this software (see www.es.lancs.ac.uk/people/amb/Profiler/profiler.htm). Ask if you have any question so we can improve our survey. A.

Comment

PIC problem?

Hi Alessandro or anyone that can help me.
                  I think my problem with delays on the circuit is made by the pic tham i m using.
                  The project tells that you must use pic16f876. Mine has pic16876A.
                  Could this be the problem?
                  In advance many thanks
                  Regards
                  Nelson

Comment

Hi Leto and congratulation for your work on ERM.
                    I´m working too on the Earth Resistivity Logger by John Becker, not finish yet. (Still working on my TR locator).
                    What was your expirence with this project. May i have your email to ask you a private question?
                    Here i´m sending to you pictures of my data logger.
                    Regards
                    motion detector PIR detector smoke detector gas detector
                    Wireless Alarm System
                    smoke alarm

Comment

resistivity meter (EPE2003)

hi
                      if some one have schematic and pcb of resistivity meter (EPE2003) please send to me .
                      [email protected]

tanX

Comment

Hello Alessandro,
                        look at this threads:

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11415
                        http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10898

Comment

Archeo surveyor w/ comdlg32.ocx fix!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

help please

HI

i want to know is is possible make the epe resistivity meter usin the PIC16F876 SMD, and the TL071 and tl074 too i only can get them in sms

Comment

[HI

i have a question, i am planning ti buils teh EPE earth resistivity logger, my question is if is it can works with the Wenner and the Wenner-chlumberger arrays?

thanks

Comment

hi

can you use the EPE resistivity meter (2003) with Wenner and the enner-
                                Schlumberger arrays?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X