Sony's Handycam Video Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony's Handycam Video Camera

Several month's ago many of us got quite a chuckle about someone (I don't remember who) who posted the "see through" clothing capability of Sony's Handycam video camera. Lo and behold, September's issue of Photonics Magazine (see url link below) has a solution to a specific problem using the camcorder. Apparently, for less than $1000 and with a switch and/or filter, this regular camcorder can view near-IR stuff by "allowing the use of all-silicon charge-coupled device detectors"... whatever the hell that means.

There is a difference between thermal IR imagers and image intensifiers, such as Sony's camcorder.

Larry Stier

Re: Sony's Handycam Video Camera

Larry : It was Christine that posted it. I followed the link to the site and then got lost. Where did you go to on the site for the information? Regards Marc

>Several month's ago many of us got quite a chuckle about someone (I don't remember who) who posted the "see through" clothing capability of Sony's Handycam video camera. Lo and behold, September's issue of Photonics Magazine (see url link below) has a solution to a specific problem using the camcorder. Apparently, for less than $1000 and with a switch and/or filter, this regular camcorder can view near-IR stuff by "allowing the use of all-silicon charge-coupled device detectors"... whatever the hell that means.

>There is a difference between thermal IR imagers and image intensifiers, such as Sony's camcorder.

>Larry Stier

Comment

Re: Sony's Handycam Video Camera

Comment

Working...
      X