Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwater video signal

Hi,

I just finish assembling my BW underwater video. I used for wiring 100 meters two conductors common wire, one of them is 12 V positive and other the back 1 MHz video signal. The ground

(-12V)is made by the sea water using underwater stainless steel screw on the boat and outside the housing.

I have degraded picture.

Can I improve the picture quality using inside the housing a video amplifier or I must ajust the impedance/capacitance of the cable.

Do you thing I can get good picture using normal wiring?

Any help are welcome.

Thanks.

Francisco Xavier Sousa

Re: Underwater video signal

1MHz over 100m might require a better cable. Also, what is the supply voltage drop over 100m of seawater for your rig? You might have severely degraded the supply voltage to the camera.

- Carl

Comment

Re: Underwater video signal

Thanks Carl for your advice.

After spending hours around (until 6:30 Am Saturday) I could incrase the picture quality. The voltage (12 V) d'not decrase, the BW camera needs just few milamps supply. and the 100 m.wire just have 2 Homs. After changing a lot, I send by the cable the video signal and negative supply, the positive supply by the sea water. More I have to ajust the signal level just conecting a 10 KHoms potentiometer beteewn signal and negative (about 128 Homs) and the picture quality was great.

I never expect to have this picture quality with 100 meters with a reel of common wire.

So I think to use the same cable to work with magnetometer and after the vĂ­deo.

Best regards Carl,

Thanks,

Francisco Xavier Sousa

Comment

Working...
      X