new geophysics engineers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new geophysics engineers...

firstly ı want to say that this forum is really nice...ı study geophysics engineer but ım 2. class now so that ı dont know everything in geophysics...ı want to know that what should ı do to be a good geophysics engineer? which computer programs should ı do? if you give me information this topic ı will be happy... thnx already now...

I assume that you mean that you are in your second year of an undergraduate geophysical engineering program. I would suggest that you get as many internships as you can to help you decide what subset of geophysics you are most interested. Your program of courses should cover most of the basics at the undergraduate level. Make sure that you go to a good field school, not all universities have a good field school. In the USA the two best options are the Summer of Applied Geophysics Experience (SAGE) and the Colorado School of Mines (CSM) field session. If applied geophysics is your interest and you plan to do field work, buy copies of Field Geophysics by John Milsom and An Introduction to Applied and Environmental Geophysics by John Reynolds. Read both of these cover to cover and you will have a good idea about how to do most types of field surveys. I would also suggest meeting with all of your professors to see if there are any research projects that you can work on part time. I would also suggest taking a introduction to land surveying course if there is one offered at your university. What software to learn depends on what is available at your university and what methods you are using. Geophysical software is in general expensive so many universities write their own software. I would suggest learning one programming language really well and also learning something such at MATLAB.

Comment

Working...
    X