No announcement yet.

EPE resistivity logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats a good point. My probes are 25 cm. I like your stopping stemps on the bottom (between your probes). Managed today the data download (snuffler). After some corrections it work really great;-). Cant wait to test it outside. How about to do the save process more comfortable and build the buttons so, that one press on the save button increments the columns automaticly by one column. So stick in your probes, save, and go further;-). Some expensive units are saving full automaticly by activating the save process when a certain value is reached. But I think for Epe its better to give the unit some time to measure accurately;-). Another thing is......is there a advantage to operate the epe with 12V. I think the results are the same, because of the voltage regulator. Or are Im wrong with that........?

Comment

• ----

Comment

• Seen now that youve posted some more posts above. So I want to thank you first for the great images and advices. The advice with the washers is very important.......I will modify this as very next step;-). Yes the probes have to be conical and sharp......on the last posted image the construction was not finished;-). Ive did a lot surveys in the past at my work....but mostly with gradiometer and gpr. Ive never used resistivity. But Ive also have seen some great results from a colleage that uses a Geoscan resistivity meter sometimes. Cant wait to test my new unit outside!!! Have some well known buildings that ive surveyed in the past for testing. I know how much time such a measuring project takes.....not every human likes such a monotonous work;-) If you want we can communicate some details and change some experiences and results. For this please send me a PM with your Email;-)

Comment

• "Here is the good hint; use the stainless steel axis from some scraped computer printer!
          Those are very hard and strong. And easy to be sharpen with sanding machine."

.....you are my GURU now!!!!

Comment

• a image of the unit from above.......
            Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• Have managed to get the correct accuracy now;-). Readings are nicely at zero now. Now its time for some tests in the field;-).
                Attached Files

Comment

• Is there a possibility to get the epe resistivity code in a programmable version to make changes in the code by myself? I cant do any changes in the hexcode that comes with this project. Another question is......can we transform the hexfile back to a programmable language?

Comment

• Is this cutting modification for max232 that is written in the previous pages necessary?

Comment

• I am facing a problem when i turn on the epe logger it shows this..
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by antonioknight View Post
                        I am facing a problem when i turn on the epe logger it shows this..
                        Any idea what is the problem ? has anyone face the same problem ?

Comment

Any idea what is the problem ? has anyone face the same problem ?
                          Can anyone please answer !?

Comment

Can anyone please answer !?
                            Can someone Answer please ?

Comment

• Looks like opamp is saturated for some reason.
                              Check the ground at opamp.
                              It is not that easy to solve the problem online.
                              You may start by checking all over again here:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	tre.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	356150

Comment

• thanks for answering Ivonic.i am using 12 volt battery when i put a regulator to drop it to 9 volts it seems to work better .iam working on to find out i ll let you know when i lli solve the problem.
                                Originally posted by ivconic View Post
                                Looks like opamp is saturated for some reason.
                                Check the ground at opamp.
                                It is not that easy to solve the problem online.
                                You may start by checking all over again here:
                                [ATTACH]48987[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X