EPE resistivity logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by antonioknight View Post
    I am facing a problem when i turn on the epe logger it shows this..
    Used Other hex file EARTHRES411 and not EARTHRES450, perfrom erase eeprom then check again if found a problem, check the circuit of your logger measure freq form TX circuit,its around 136 or 137Hz. Voltage regulator 78L05 you can replace LA7805 check the pin config.

Comment

• Originally posted by RS_Phil View Post
      Used Other hex file EARTHRES411 and not EARTHRES450, perfrom erase eeprom then check again if found a problem, check the circuit of your logger measure freq form TX circuit,its around 136 or 137Hz. Voltage regulator 78L05 you can replace LA7805 check the pin config.

thank rs phil

i use the file u upload in the past the correct res450.hex
      i dont find in the forum the res411.hex file is this better?
      i perform clean in eeprom it is zero all the value not the A one it still says instead of 0A max
      i have now time to work on to find out the problem please any idea would be greatfull
      i am ok with the regulator i dont want light in my screen

Comment

• Originally posted by antonioknight View Post
        thank rs phil

i use the file u upload in the past the correct res450.hex
        i dont find in the forum the res411.hex file is this better?
        i perform clean in eeprom it is zero all the value not the A one it still says instead of 0A max
        i have now time to work on to find out the problem please any idea would be greatfull
        i am ok with the regulator i dont want light in my screen
        also frequency in the output it is 136,5 hz

what the testing points stand for what kind of measure should i make there

Comment

• I am using pic16f876..isp with correcterres450.hex file rs phill upload is there 411.hex were i can find it

Comment

• [QUOTE = antonioknight; 265643] pic16f876..isp, correcterres450.hex dosyası ile kullanıyorum rs phill upload 411.hex onu bulabilirdim [/ QUOTE]

I have 411.hex file.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• hi mr ivconic i have a question for value of "H" (high) and "L" (low) on output in 'lcd'.
                i make this device and when output's (C1,C2,P1,P2) no connected in earth H and L display random numbers.why?
                have you this problem.?
                thank

Comment

• Originally posted by MohsenTM View Post
                  hi mr ivconic i have a question for value of "H" (high) and "L" (low) on output in 'lcd'.
                  i make this device and when output's (C1,C2,P1,P2) no connected in earth H and L display random numbers.why?
                  have you this problem.?
                  thank
                  Honestly; i don't remember. It was long time ago since i played with it.
                  I guess it is described in EPE magazine article, when project was published.

Comment

• Originally posted by MohsenTM View Post
                    hi mr ivconic i have a question for value of "H" (high) and "L" (low) on output in 'lcd'.
                    have you this problem.?
                    thank
                    I don't like unanswered questions. You got me thinking.
                    So i listed back through my backups and i have found out the "User manual" that i personally wrote so many years ago!
                    I explained those LCD data very well. It is on Serbian, so it's pointless to post it here as whole document.
                    I will quote only the explanation of H and L values.
                    So...
                    values "H" and "L" presents highest and lowest value in one sequence of measuring/reading.
                    When probes are stuck into soil, it takes one second sequence to stabilize and read average value, which will be later stored as sample.
                    During that one second; values will change, sometimes slowly, sometimes rapidly, depends on soil condition.
                    So, you have possibility to see the "range" of measurement in that one sequence. Range is defined with "H" and "L" values.
                    Useful information.
                    Random numbers are showing exactly because probes are not stuck in soil, nothing to measure. Probably additional noise picked up.
                    I can't recall whether is that normal behavior or indication that something is going wrong in circuitry.
                    But is easy to check; simply stick probes in soil (in your garden or any suitable testing bed) and observe those numbers; those should stabilize.

Comment

• ...what exactly is the sample value that get stored in the eeprom after measuring. Is it real resistivity of the soil in Ohms ? Or is it a relative value (high or low amplitude values to show differences) ?

Comment

• It never occur to me to compare values from resmeter with what i measure with common multimeter.
                        I have found these two pics on my disc:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	osnovni ekran.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	357578

Name:	njiva.jpg
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	357579

Comment

• Thanks ivonic;-)

.....ok, it says "values" I know;-) ....also in Beckers Text it says "values". But what are this "values" exactly? Is it Ohms? Is it Ohms/m? Or is it just a relative value which is proportional to Ohms or Ampere. Nowhere I can find what the measured "values" are. Normally it should be "Ohms". I thought EPE Resmeter is showing and saving "Ohms" as measured values, but Im not sure anymore right now

Comment

• In the same spirit as i did with magnetometer; i am making preparations to modernize also EPE resistivity meter / logger.
                            Yesterday i draw this "sketchy" schematic, sort of proposal, how it may be done.
                            Lot of details to take into considerations yet.
                            One step at the time.
                            This is just first step.

Name:	ICresmeter.JPG
Size:	425.4 KB
ID:	358038

Comment

• It is always a "pain" to provide enough pins for all tasks from the list.
                              Somehow i always manage to squeeze enough juice from the Atmega.
                              Second step is to build development\debugging system for this.
                              Once it shows good behavior, as planned, and code is there, next important step is to draw proper pcb.
                              This will be my project for this winter.
                              We'll probably see the first working device in next year. Will see.
                              Becker picked 137Hz for many obvious reasons.
                              Now i am thinking on extending that choice, since Atmega is giving me enough comfort for that.
                              Any experiences on this from other professional devices?
                              Signal frequency range?
                              Beneficial choices? And why?

Comment

• Main task; avoid 50/60Hz hum.
                                Suppress it as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X