No announcement yet.

EPE resistivity logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that is really true ivconic. i have near 2 year (not every day) time for convert simple EPE to automatic switching system EPE resistivity logger. and now I here and read your efforts.
    I'm glad to have a discussion with you for this project...

Comment

• Originally posted by MohsenTM View Post
      that is really true ivconic. i have near 2 year (not every day) time for convert simple EPE to automatic switching system EPE resistivity logger. and now I here and read your efforts.
      I'm glad to have a discussion with you for this project...
      I delayed my work. I tried swtching with conventional type of bilateral switches.
      Thing is; those are having internal resistance, totally unacceptable for this purpose.
      So i stopped with such idea and now trying to figure out something better.
      Everything else about the device is easy job, codding will be the joy, after i solve the switching ranges.

Comment

• I delayed my work. I tried swtching with conventional type of bilateral switches.
        yes at first i had this think. ivconic i came to the conclusion that a relays with low internal resistance should be used for switching...at every probe (if we want use multi probe switching) we should use 4 channel relay for (C1-C2-P1_P2) and a system for control of this relays.
        for example if we have 10 probe we need 10*4=40 relay. (I use 44 probe and use 44-4 channel relay module.)
        ivconic or any one did you test EPE in real ground and whats were results?

What is the reason for the fluctuations and instability of the number #? The numbers fluctuate a lot.
        We expect 1 to show, not a few different numbers. my device have problem? or it normal.? which number is true?

Comment

• Mr Carl-NC hi
          Did you make the EPE john becker and test it yourself?
          we need experience like yours?

Comment

• No, I have not.

Comment

• Hi I am interested in your redesign of the EPE resistivity logger. I made this unit a couple of years ago and have used it quite successfully. I modded it as follows.
              1. I removed the test switch.
              2. I added a buzzer to the save switch.
              3. On setting I start at column 1, row 1 instead of 0, 0.
              4. I added the facility to auto increment the readings, on save, on the odd columns, and to decrement the columns on the even ones. It's easier that way to know where you are.

In the discussions I have noted the talk about auto saving on inserting the probes. I do quite a lot of geophysics work using a Frobisher meter. Prior to starting the survey we would have the probes in the ground at the first position. The display would show 'Select enter to start grid'. On doing this a reading would be taken. On lifting the probes out of the ground the display would read 'Insert probes at column 1 row 2' On doing this, and after a delay of about 20 seconds, a reading will be taken, and so on. At the end of the row , if set at 20 x 20 say, the unit would double beep and display 'End of row' On lifting the probes it would ask you to insert the probes at column 2 row 20 and so on down to column 2 row 1. At the end of the grid (400 readings) the unit beeps and displays 'End of row, end of grid. Remove the probes from the ground and the collected data would be written to the SD card and the unit would then shut down automatically. The unit will occasionally display 'High resistance' That reading can then be retaken.

Comment

• Please can someone what he did and did get 0B 0A indication instead of 0B MAX If there is someone that had in the past same problem that i have showing max istead of 0A please tell me what u did and solve that problem .

Comment

• If someone face the same problem please tell me how he solve that problem

Comment

• Thanks for the replies .

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1-2-scaled.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	422603

https://www.tekdagelektronik.com/uru...r-dizgili-pcb/

It is the original schematic. PCB design belongs to me.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ricin48 View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	1-2-scaled.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	422603

https://www.tekdagelektronik.com/uru...r-dizgili-pcb/

It is the original schematic. PCB design belongs to me.
                        Does your readings on A is 0A and Max And if yes what did u do for that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by antonioknight View Post

Does your readings on A is 0A and Max And if yes what did u do for that ?
                          I don't quite understand what you mean.

Comment

Working...
                          X