Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carls mag, what you must know.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fitz
    replied
    The terminals

    I don't think it matters how they are turned as long as they are the same. Vertical or horizontal or somewhere in between. Just get them the same. I could not get a good balance until I fixed this.

    Leave a comment:


  • epitopios
    replied
    dear Fitz, you mean that the 4 terminals of each sensor must be horizontal and not vertical to the earth ??

    Leave a comment:


  • damiafix
    replied
    Hi Fitz,
    please, can you share some picture of your mag? It work fine?

    Cheers, D.

    Leave a comment:


  • fitz
    started a topic Carls mag, what you must know.

    Carls mag, what you must know.

    Maybe everybody gets this and I am just stupid but maybe not. When you put the sensors into the tubes they must have perfect alignment. You MUST also have them rotated the same. I did not do this at first and I could not get them to align very well. I did not read anything in the plans about it, but it makes a big difference.
    Here is a crude pic but I think you can get the idea. It is looking at the pin ends of both sensors. I also put the foam rubber in right when I start to use the mag. I remove it after each time. It takes a bit more time but the rubber just gets squished and stops working if you leave it in.

Working...
X