I picked up a Detectorpro Pulse recently and really like the machine--except that it eats batteries. It is powered by 2 9 volts. Excuse the stupidity of this question, but is there any reason why 2 packs of 8 1.2volt nihms could not be substituted for the 9 volts? The battery packs would be belt mounted so as to keep the detector as light as possible...
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Detectorpro Pulse external battery pack
Collapse
X
-
There is probably no reason whatsoever why you cannot replace the 9v (I assume they're the PP3 type) with a pack of 8x 1.2v rechargeables. The only problem will the physically larger size of the overall pack, so belt-mounting (as you mentioned) would be necessary, or you might be able to attach the batteries under the arm cup.Originally posted by smeagol View PostI picked up a Detectorpro Pulse recently and really like the machine--except that it eats batteries. It is powered by 2 9 volts. Excuse the stupidity of this question, but is there any reason why 2 packs of 8 1.2volt nihms could not be substituted for the 9 volts? The battery packs would be belt mounted so as to keep the detector as light as possible...
-
Many thanks...the Headhunter Pulse is a fantastic machine...great for taking on bike trips to the beach with a breakdown scoop. I don't have that many hours using it, but I have recovered several good targets at legitimate 15 to 16 inch depths. Nickles scream at 12 inches.
Comment
Comment