Sean:
Thank you for help.
Alan
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Silver Sabre Plus Modification
Collapse
X
-
I posted how to do this a long time ago on here. you need to pull the Bottom (gnd) of the threshold resistor 1k5 I think, change to a 6k8 and connect to NEGATIVE rail.
Thats me done. I'm off for another 6 months now, if I bother to come back at all.
Leave a comment:
-
Silver Sabre Mods
Thanks again - Eugen.Originally posted by amtech2005 View PostI did not find the files yet . So I put together what you need to do the work yourself .
See the 3 attachments I posted . As you can see on the photo of the Silver Sabre Plus you have 2 possible spots on the front panel you can mount your 10 turn Bourns [or equivelent] 100 k ohm precision potentiometer . Then see the schematic where you will carefully desolder the old pc mounted trimmer pot , next to LM393 on the left side of the schematic .
But first read Forum Member Sven's Excellent article on "Cibola GB Mod " . It should help you if you need it and is just a great article to read too !!
This should get you started , After you disconnect the battery of course !! LOL
Best Regards....................Eugene
I need to order the 10 turn potentiometer for the B circuit. I'm also consider adding a pot to the internal threshold trimmer pot. Know I need to search out the "Boost Circuit" modification that was done by Pentechnic.
Kindest Regards - Alan
Leave a comment:
-
I did not find the files yet . So I put together what you need to do the work yourself .
See the 3 attachments I posted . As you can see on the photo of the Silver Sabre Plus you have 2 possible spots on the front panel you can mount your 10 turn Bourns [or equivelent] 100 k ohm precision potentiometer . Then see the schematic where you will carefully desolder the old pc mounted trimmer pot , next to LM393 on the left side of the schematic .
But first read Forum Member Sven's Excellent article on "Cibola GB Mod " . It should help you if you need it and is just a great article to read too !!
This should get you started , After you disconnect the battery of course !! LOL
Best Regards....................EugeneAttached Files
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
The mods are still posted !!! I have them downloaded somewhere too ?Originally posted by ArizFlash View PostI recently pick up a Silver Sabre Plus and would like to install a potentiometer for adjusting the ground balance so I can use different coils.
I saw on Gary's detecting fourm a modified Silver Sabre Plus.
The detector had a pot installed for ground balance and switch mounted externally for activation of a "Boost circuit".
I contacted both Gary and the firm that did the modification:
but the modification is no longer available.
Does anyone have a schematic and instructions/parts list to perform these modifications?
I searched through the Geotech modification forum and found a few threads but nothing specific.
The Geotech threads I searched were:
General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...highlight=silver+sabre
If you have a schematic to share, post it here. Please read the Intro post for rules on posting schematics.
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?13189-Turn-Tesoro-Silver-into-Eldorado&highlight=silver+sabre
Let me search around , I am sure others on this forum have the files archived also .
Regards..............Eugene
Leave a comment:
-
Silver Sabre Plus Modification
I recently pick up a Silver Sabre Plus and would like to install a potentiometer for adjusting the ground balance so I can use different coils.
I saw on Gary's detecting fourm a modified Silver Sabre Plus.
The detector had a pot installed for ground balance and switch mounted externally for activation of a "Boost circuit".
I contacted both Gary and the firm that did the modification:
but the modification is no longer available.
Does anyone have a schematic and instructions/parts list to perform these modifications?
I searched through the Geotech modification forum and found a few threads but nothing specific.
The Geotech threads I searched were:
General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...highlight=silver+sabre
If you have a schematic to share, post it here. Please read the Intro post for rules on posting schematics.
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?13189-Turn-Tesoro-Silver-into-Eldorado&highlight=silver+sabre
Tags: None
Leave a comment: