Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tesoro vbreak mod help.
Collapse
X
-
Well have a look in this thread; http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...GSL-2-tones-ID
-
Originally posted by Silver Dollar View PostWell here is the EDU schematic with the 4053 added in you would still need the other chip to control it...
[ATTACH]31637[/ATTACH]
There also was some info on 2 tones in the TGSL thread. There is a pcb available form silverdog;
And a modified schematic;
[ATTACH]31636[/ATTACH]
The modified schematic TGSL_2_aop link didnt work. Could you try it again. thanks
Leave a comment:
-
I will poke around with my multimeter and see what I can find. If not I will post a pic. I dont have a very good camera.
Leave a comment:
-
Since you are switching analog signals that go from +5 to -5 you need to supply the switch with +-5.
The 4053 is a little different. It may not need ground.
If the +4.5 is trying to be +5 it would be OK but make sure it is not a signal that will change.
You can usually find +-5 on the opamps. Ground is found by looking for a trace that goes around the PCB.
Post some pictures and we can find a good spot to get the power from...
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks, all the voltages appear to be +5v or -5v. Are these required or can I use other voltages. Specifically, I found a 4.55v free contact for the positive and ground for the -. Sorry I keep asking so many questions, I dont want to fry my detector.
Leave a comment:
-
Well here is the EDU schematic with the 4053 added in you would still need the other chip to control it...
There also was some info on 2 tones in the TGSL thread. There is a pcb available form silverdog;
And a modified schematic;
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks, I am starting to understand this a little better. Where do I connect the out to sound? Does it go direct to the speaker or do I tie into the circuit?
Leave a comment:
-
-
Wow, That means almost nothing to me. The more I try to understand, the more I realize I dont understand. Its frustrating.Originally posted by Silver Dollar View PostWell you have to look at the rest of the circuit. The "output" is an envelope that is chopped
by the signal on the cathode side of the diode.
Here is a link to some compadre schematics and photos. This may be the same photo you have its not great. I can id any of the components if needed. http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...light=compadre
I am having trouble understanding which pinouts to use on the 4053. http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cd4051b.pdf It looks like it has multipull switches I dont know which I need? I lack the knowledge about how this works. If someone tells me where to connect I can solder it up nicely. But I cant really addlib. I can follow a schematic if I dont have to change anything. Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Well you have to look at the rest of the circuit. The "output" is an envelope that is chopped
by the signal on the cathode side of the diode.
Leave a comment:
-
Why is the diode there. Isn't this an output, and won't a diode completely block the output to the sound? I would understand this, if it was pointing the other way...Originally posted by Silver Dollar View PostWell here's 2 tone mod I was planning on using in my Bandito.
You may have to change the MAX333 I was using it as it has
4 switches and you only need 1 (but it has to be DPDT).
[ATTACH]31607[/ATTACH]
I'm not an electronics guru
just a firmware guru with some electronic knowlege.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Thanks, you are awesome. I hope this is enough for me to be able to figure this out. I put R47 when I meant R49. I think I need to go take some electrical engineering classes.
Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Ok, I will go pick one up and give it a try. After looking at your schematic I decided that I am not as smart as I thought I was. Just making sure GEB is the output of the disc pot, and the pot R47 is where I would adjust the break point? Thanks
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: