Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 OR 10 TURN POT??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3 OR 10 TURN POT??

    I ordered a rec'd a pot that was going to be used for ground balance adjustment. It a Bournes and advertised as a 10 turn pot:

    (RWV) 3543S-1-50K
    Precision panel bushing mount. 50k ohm, 10 turn. 1/4" shaft, slot adjust. Made by Bourns.
    -----------------------------

    It arrived. And it's not a 10 turn but a 3 turn. I called the company to inform them the wrong one was sent. The receptionist said, some one will call back. They didn't, yet.

    If I decide to use the 3 turn on my Tesoro, what would I be giving up not using a 10 turn? Would I notice the difference?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Sven View Post
    I ordered a rec'd a pot that was going to be used for ground balance adjustment. It a Bournes and advertised as a 10 turn pot:

    (RWV) 3543S-1-50K
    Precision panel bushing mount. 50k ohm, 10 turn. 1/4" shaft, slot adjust. Made by Bourns.
    -----------------------------

    It arrived. And it's not a 10 turn but a 3 turn. I called the company to inform them the wrong one was sent. The receptionist said, some one will call back. They didn't, yet.

    If I decide to use the 3 turn on my Tesoro, what would I be giving up not using a 10 turn? Would I notice the difference?
    Hi,
    yes you'll notice... cause when you have 10turns span it's really easy moving the shaft/knob with better resolution than with 3 and 1/2 turns ones.
    But it's not a real problem if you consider also bandidoII has, actually, 3 1/2 turns geb pot mounted... you can use it sure and need just a little extra care when do geb setting.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi all,
      Don't forget that the 10 turn pot is 100K and the 3 1/2 turn pot is 50K.
      In practise there is not much difference.

      nimrod

      Comment


      • #4
        The company replied that the pot on the web was listed wrong, should have been listed as a 3 turn pot. They said I can return it.

        I will be adding GB to my Cibola, it has a 50k pot on the pc board. Keith Southern replaced his 50k pot with a 10 turn 50K pot and the detector worked great.

        Let me get this right, should I replace the PC board 50k pot with a 50K 10 turn or a 100K 10 turn?



        Thanx
        Sven

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sven View Post
          The company replied that the pot on the web was listed wrong, should have been listed as a 3 turn pot. They said I can return it.

          I will be adding GB to my Cibola, it has a 50k pot on the pc board. Keith Southern replaced his 50k pot with a 10 turn 50K pot and the detector worked great.

          Let me get this right, should I replace the PC board 50k pot with a 50K 10 turn or a 100K 10 turn?



          Thanx
          Sven
          Hi,
          the pot on board is 50K so you'd better stay with that value... though is not so critical stuff if the pot acts actually as a simple voltage divider.

          So go for the 10turns 50K if you can send back and got it.

          Kind regards,
          Max

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanx!!

            Comment

            Working...
            X