Originally posted by ivconic
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tesoro Eldorado on the bench
Collapse
X
-
Not yet. Waiting coil enclosure to receive, and some wire too. Looking forward.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
I were shore for this but still confused about right arangment.But I will find it out.Anyway I were studying this design and it look prety good.I will try build it this days.
Have you tested with centretaped?
Leave a comment:
-
Nelson many thanks, but i am far for being any kind of genius. I am just great enthusiast. Once i get interested for some project, i am involving all my time and love to make it right and if possible to improve it more.
All the tributes should go to Tesoro guys who designed this at the first place...
Best regards!
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View PostExcelent work.
Once again you bring wonderful design here.
But can you give some additonal informations.
Like what is this retune buton for?
Also the disc,sens and tresh all have only one wire to PCB?
Thanks
RETUNE and AUTO are the same, with difference that AUTO presents locked retuning (switch) and RETUNE is only one shot push button.
Ha,ha,ha...of course not. There are 3 x pins on pcb for disc,sens and tresh. I just pointed their places with single line, of course you must use 3 wires
GEB multiturn pot need 2 wires...
Leave a comment:
-
Aint not major changes...just omited battery test and amplitude stabilizer in TX stage. Also i couldnt obtain LF442 and LM308 at the time, so TL082 used instead (just in testing purposes). BF245 are fets, also BC327&337 used there instead 2N2907&2N2222. I added another 1N4148 to further "furbish" those 3 transients from 4024....not a big deal, but i spoted minor improvements on scope...
Also i found out 30p and 47K instead 100p and 10K to be right values on original Eldorado..that is all..Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Ivconic, would you please post a copy of the schematic that you are working from?
I have an Eldorado scat that I have cleaned up and it looks pretty, but it sounds like you have made some changes to the circuit that wouldn't appear on my drawing.
Thanks!
Leave a comment:
-
Excelent work.
Once again you bring wonderful design here.
But can you give some additonal informations.
Like what is this retune buton for?
Also the disc,sens and tresh all have only one wire to PCB?
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Congratulations Ivconic.
You are the genius on tesoro MD´S
What can i said, excellent.
Marry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family.
Kind Regards
Nelson
Originally posted by ivconic View PostTested. Works very good. I havent made center tapped coil yet. Tested with TGSL 27cm coil. In Disc mode works out of range but in All Metal mode works excellent... better than expected! 1e coin at 28cm in air. Both modes; motion and non motion works excellent. I noticed much better "depths" in air in non motion mode!? With GEB pot adjust good GEB and than with treshold make just about to hear mum sound. Than it can detect coin over 40cm in air. Larger item like 1l paint can is detecting over 1meter in air! In non motion mode audio is very,very pleasant, joy to hear it. This one will definitelly replace TGSL for good. I am very satisfied.
Now is time to make center tapped coil....
Leave a comment:
-
Tested. Works very good. I havent made center tapped coil yet. Tested with TGSL 27cm coil. In Disc mode works out of range but in All Metal mode works excellent... better than expected! 1e coin at 28cm in air. Both modes; motion and non motion works excellent. I noticed much better "depths" in air in non motion mode!? With GEB pot adjust good GEB and than with treshold make just about to hear mum sound. Than it can detect coin over 40cm in air. Larger item like 1l paint can is detecting over 1meter in air! In non motion mode audio is very,very pleasant, joy to hear it. This one will definitelly replace TGSL for good. I am very satisfied.
Now is time to make center tapped coil....Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Tesoro Eldorado on the bench
Ivconic , I am looking forward to the Eldorado test results .............and also I hope you have a Great Christmas and a Happy , Healthy , Prosperous New Year !!!!.........................Regards.............. ...Eugene52/amtech2005/Stalni-Clan
Leave a comment:
-
Agree...
Yes i finished it but havent tested yet...to much other things to do.. I guess tomorrow i will have preliminary results..
Leave a comment:
-
Hi İvconic...
Did you make Eldorado? What is it performance?
and I want it but LF442 is not my city. Can I use TL062 or TL072 instead of LF442? What is coil measurement?(inductance and rezistance)
Regards...
Leave a comment:
-
I am not sure, but PM2 reminds me mostly on Tesoro Vaquero. So this should be first lead for you. Yes, there is some strange chip there? At device i inspected once , chip designator was scratched so i was not able to see which chip was that. I still dont know any details. I had chance to see and skimly test only one Vaquero so far. Try to conntact Sean Goddard, i guess he can help you.Originally posted by Unregistered View PostHello Ivconic, my first visit to this forum, very impressed. I have a laser powermax 2 and the audio chip has broken. have you any advice about what to replace or can you point me in the right direction to someone that can help.
thanks
Adam,derby england
Cheers!
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: