I have an older Garrett International S-4 VLF/ TR detector.
It has a two position discrimination toggle switch.
The lowest setting (bottle caps) is not low enough into the iron range to pick up modern Canadian clad coins that are made of nickel plated steel.
Would it be possible to mod this detector by replacing the toggle with an adjustable pot.
I presume some resistor values would also need to be changed?
Please take a look at the full size photos of the photos posted here.
It has a two position discrimination toggle switch.
The lowest setting (bottle caps) is not low enough into the iron range to pick up modern Canadian clad coins that are made of nickel plated steel.
Would it be possible to mod this detector by replacing the toggle with an adjustable pot.
I presume some resistor values would also need to be changed?
Please take a look at the full size photos of the photos posted here.
Comment