Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD3X ( pi )

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DOOLEY
    replied
    hello all,

    thank you again for great responses,

    last night ivconic was in touch and queried the power supply,
    the battery pack is marked up as 8.1v going in to the regulator.

    I should have changed that back to the nominal 12v's from the 8 AA's.

    the 8.1v's is how low the regulator would go during simulations before dropping out,
    and has been tested up to 15v input voltage.

    theoretical top limit would be the maximum of the LM317T and the TL062,
    so about 36v then.......
    not that you'd want to lug about all them battery's.......

    Leave a comment:


  • Fabian
    replied
    Well done Dooley. It's an amazing MD. As Bernte, I love the sound!

    Fabián

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Hi Dooley,

    Outstanding work from start to finish! And what great sound!

    Thank you for sharing this,
    Chet

    Leave a comment:


  • DOOLEY
    replied
    thank you all for a great response.



    the front panel decals were done on "pencil project"
    (cheers to George for a post suggesting the program"

    they were printed on 25% cotton paper,
    tougher and more absorbent ,
    then 3 heavy coats of car spray on clear lacquer.
    sprayed whilst resting on grease proof paper,
    just so I could peal the buggers off when dry.

    the battery housing was a sort of copy from white's.
    turned 90 deg,
    didn't have the space to do it length ways.

    I used plastic square air ducting,
    planned and cut the shape,
    warmed with heat gun and bent in to shape.
    quite allot of plastics are excellent for re'moulding
    in to other shapes,
    and if you go wrong, just warm up and shape again.

    thank you bernte ,
    I think it's a nice soft start mellow pleasant sound also.
    quite supprising for a 50/50 square wave !!

    I was going to go all out and use a 4046 vco chip at
    one point !!
    bit over kill that.



    oh,
    the name I had settled on half way through the design,
    TD3X,
    TD for time domain ( I know, obvious that one. lol. )
    the 3 was because the number 3, or 33,cropped up so
    many times during the trial and error design stage I thought
    i'd have that in the name.

    the X,
    well,
    just for no other reason thought I had to finish off the name
    with something.....

    thought i'd got a never before used original name for my new
    detector......
    hum,
    well,
    quick search on google revealed it's an online marketing survey
    company,
    and a Japanese train, and a high speed boat......
    bugger !!!
    lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    i love the sound, very nice done

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    Very unique. Wish I had a mind like that. Beautiful build.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thomas
    replied
    That front panel is excellent, as is the batt. housing. Good one!

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Great job Dooley, well done.

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    Originally posted by DOOLEY View Post
    thank you George .


    I welcome the positive response from yourself.

    was a bit dubious posting one of my projects,
    always that self doubt and all.
    nothing wrong with that mate its normal, i'm a bit like that, people tell me stuff i've done is fantastic, but i only see things i could have done better.
    nothing to worry about here though its great, i was thinking about your detector, if you want a board drawing up have a go yourself and ask the forum, there are some very skilled users here(present company excepted).
    and your design stands out, simply because it is YOUR design, its not reverse engineered its new, and thats a rare thing, anyone with time and the right tools can teardown and copy a detector, but to build one from scratch takes skill.
    when the thread gets going people will want to build this guaranteed .
    good luck and all the best.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOOLEY
    replied
    thank you George .


    I welcome the positive response from yourself.

    was a bit dubious posting one of my projects,
    always that self doubt and all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Nicely done. Something to be proud of.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOOLEY
    replied
    just a quick update,

    done a short video briefly demonstrating the audio.

    it was done on my mobile,
    but not "too" bad.....



    Leave a comment:


  • DOOLEY
    replied
    how doo Sinclair user,

    its been a slow slow process from start to finish,
    been quite fiddly, brain taxing,
    many near mistakes nearly made.

    just tried my best for a professional as possible finish.

    even with various programs to hand vero board building
    is quite taxing on the ole noggin.

    and to think I used to "convert" from circuit diagram to
    board in my head as I went !!

    pcb is deff the way to go.......

    shhhhh...... (yes, love my M6, and thought that's the style !! )
    boxes were £6.50 each off RS.

    2 part coil shell is from micron (Bulgaria, I think.)


    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    very nice, i love the whites style enclosure, your work is very neat and tidy, its better than my mpp and i had a ready made board.
    i should have done what you have, i made a rod for my own back using a fisher box, anyway enough of my blunders.
    if you decide to get some boards done count me in, i would like to have a build of that.
    aly.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOOLEY
    replied
    TD3X ( pi ) post 2

    rest of the pics.....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	FRONT PANEL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,018.3 KB
ID:	342970
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FULL LENGTH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	588.4 KB
ID:	342971
    Click image for larger version

Name:	COMPACT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	714.5 KB
ID:	342972
    Click image for larger version

Name:	END VIEW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	507.2 KB
ID:	342973
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SLIDE IN BATTERYS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	605.3 KB
ID:	342974
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DOOR CLOSED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	506.1 KB
ID:	342975

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X