Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • baum7154
    replied
    Originally posted by gurdal View Post
    ----------------------------------------------

    I am curious why so many videos use such large targets and targets with holes like rings to demonstrate detection capability? How about you demo that quartz crystal can by the display in your video? Better yet please demo a 6mm square of an aluminum soda can wall. I'm just curious about the small metal item sensitivity and the test demos I have seen don't show it.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    Thank you ivconic

    İf coil connected device not open I am starting device later When I connect coil and device working Why is this so?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by gurdal View Post



    "S16" Sensitivity at 16 is too high for indoor testing conditions.
    I am usually set it to "12" when testing indoor.

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    Test

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Hopefully it is clear that as lower is the dielectric constant - the better.
    Especially for making fast coil and achieving the shorter delay.
    According to table; dry wood and paper are most suitable.

    Plywood cut into "wafer" layers is interesting to try with.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Thank for sharing, 6666!

    I wish to reduce interwire and shield capacity with more distance about windings.
    To do this I am thinking to use two structure plates to form a wafer; inside it the coil winding with spacers.....
    Hi Altair
    When you construct the coil structure, wafer or spacers you might consider the attached website for a choose of material. It has a table of dielectric material constants. Air, Styrofoam, paper, dry wood and Teflon all have low dielectric constants.
    Have a good day,
    Chet


    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Thank for sharing, 6666!

    I wish to reduce interwire and shield capacity with more distance about windings.
    To do this I am thinking to use two structure plates to form a wafer; inside it the coil winding with spacers.....

    If you invent this wafer please show us.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by jladre View Post
    you can improve the distance between windings by using thick insulated stranded wire..the insulation itself make as a spacer.. [ATTACH]35883[/ATTACH]
    Yes, but wires insulation material is usually PVC and it's dielectric relative constant (about 3) is not the best. Better with Teflon (about 2) but air (about 1) is the best!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Looking more carefully first video and paying attention on "Ferro" and "NonFerro" string behavior on right top of the LCD; it becomes obvious that Qiaozhi was pretty close to truth about the discrimination at this detector.
    I haven't readjusted delay, like i said it is Aut.
    I played a bit with "Iron rejection" option just to additionally test that Q's claim, and appears he was right.
    Iron Rejection was at "8".
    And obviously it relays on amplitude rise. At some point when pulltab is at precise distance from coil; "Ferro" string appears and "discrimination" locks On.
    Than i purposely placed target pretty close to coil (saturation) and detector was silent; simply because it needs time to recover.
    But in same situation with coin it is playing audio even when coin is close to coil.
    So it is not only up to amplitude. Q was partially right. Yet he was closest to truth.
    One important doubt is cleared up now.
    Q can exults now! (partially)
    ...
    Even than; this thing is done excellent! Comparing to HUGE majority of commercial PI's; this thing outperforms truly!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Obviously is not perfect behavior, not complete rejection.
    I guess it can be pushed forward with more precise delay adjustments.
    But first i have to prepare better indoor conditions for such testing.
    Square cut of Al can is yet different target than pulltab (ring shape, closed loop).
    Delay is at Aut (automatic) and i guess it's not happiest solution for rejecting such target.
    Having all that in mind; this is not that bad at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by baum7154 View Post
    Do you have a video or can you make one of this detector detecting/discriminating any small targets like a 6mm square piece cut from the side of an aluminum soda can? I am curious if it will detect this in air and discriminate it from other metals of the same size.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    I don't have prepared video, so i recorded it now, skim and in tough conditions (lot of noise around coil).
    I also didn't tried different delay adjustments, it is at default preset as "Aut" (Automatic).
    This will need more serious testing conditions than i am having now.

    Leave a comment:


  • baum7154
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Auch... Arghhh and Auuuhhh!
    Mosquitoes were "polished" me to the bones while i was trying to record a video of FelezJoo PI in the woods, in real conditions and on real target.
    That's why i had to run away and that's why this video is so short!


    ----------------------------------------------

    Do you have a video or can you make one of this detector detecting/discriminating any small targets like a 6mm square piece cut from the side of an aluminum soda can? I am curious if it will detect this in air and discriminate it from other metals of the same size.

    Thanks,

    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Even better if it is stranded and tinned. It greatly reduces wire eddy currents.

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Thank for sharing, 6666!

    I wish to reduce interwire and shield capacity with more distance about windings.
    To do this I am thinking to use two structure plates to form a wafer; inside it the coil winding with spacers.....
    you can improve the distance between windings by using thick insulated stranded wire..the insulation itself make as a spacer.. Click image for larger version

Name:	images (6).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	345509

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X