Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mohamadreza26204
    replied
    FULL pcb
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FULL.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	362766
    Convenient file sharing. Registration is not required. Large files are supported.

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Talking about using this detector on the beach/underwater saltwater, i have few questions that intrigue me:

    -will it work underwater without giving coil error?
    -wet sand will give false signals?
    -why we don't use +vcc as ground on pcb and coil?

    Why using it? because is simple design, because is deep and sensitive, a bit unstable although (coil need to stay as parallel as it gets with the ground.
    Share your thoughts. Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • sabios
    replied
    They gave me this image, it's fine, so I mean the pulses in the bs170 and the irf840
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • sabios
    replied
    but I checked the pins of the bs170 with an lcr checker and everything is correct, so I don't find the problem since in gate it is fine but in drain it is wrong, it seems inverted.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @sabios:
    Since felezjoo is largely the same as Pickini - the main difference is voltage sampling vs temporal sampling:
    The pulses you measured at gate and drain of the BS170 look OK: inverting level shifter 5V->12V.
    The only problem I ever heard of with the BS170 is that there are components with different pinout:

    But this other pinout does not result in a correct pulse inverter like you have.

    Leave a comment:


  • sabios
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220209_090805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	459.3 KB
ID:	362443Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220209_090740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	461.5 KB
ID:	362444

    These are the data that I obtained in gate and in the output it seems that if I have the pulse but in the output it does not seem correct for that reason some replacement for bs170

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzysztof
    replied
    The first letter P stands for picopower series, the remaining U is equivalent to PU.
    Source here:
    Mouser finally emailed back. They contacted Microchip for me who said this: As part of Part marking change due to the migration from Atmel to Microchip, the package identifier has been removed from the device marking as this can be observed visually for different packages. This will be updated in the upcoming revisions of the device datasheet. As per this new marking the ATMEGA328P U are valid devices without any process change. Please provide more details on the application and nature of fail...

    Leave a comment:


  • sabios
    replied
    One question, I recorded another chip but it came out more or less the same result, there is some difference between the ATME328P-U and the ATMEGA328P-PU and I am also using the extremeburner to record it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    If there is no pulse at TP3; obviously the chip is not generating it, or...
    Most trivial reason; TP3 is by mistake inadvertently short-circuited.
    If not the case; than chip is faulty.
    Or... the code in chip stopped to work properly due some over-counter protection.
    Small oscilloscope that you have is good enough to check these things.
    First make sure that TP3 is not short-circuited.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    There is no way I can tell you what is wrong. You'll need to troubleshoot, start with the micro and find out if it is working or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • sabios
    replied
    I was able to check and indeed the BS170 is not the problem, it is that there is no pulse in the Gate in the BS170, but then what would be the error, by the way, I will upload the image of the pcb that occupies the diagram as well.


    If you could tell me if it is because of the pcb or something else, I would appreciate it.Click image for larger version

Name:	FelezJoo Rev A-2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	362382George FelezJoo-PI - Schematic.pdf

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    You need to figure out a way to check for proper pulses. Building metal detectors requires an oscope of some kind. I don't know anything about the one you show but my experience with similar devices is (1) they are not very good and (2) they are better than nothing at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • sabios
    replied
    I don't have but they think this one works for me since it's small but I don't know how good it is
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    The voltages are close enough.
    Do you have an oscilloscope?

    Leave a comment:


  • sabios
    replied
    check the voltage in the 7812 there is 12.2 and in the 7805 there is 5.1 they think that is the cause or is it the atmega328

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X