Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by pustareka View Post
    No help Eric ?
    There must be information on the Superscan elsewhere on this forum. Have a search first as I have very limited time and energy due to age and health, and most of my information on this detector is long gone, having sold the design to a Greek company years ago. If you start a new thread, rather than use the Vallon VMH3CS one, other members may be able to help. KT315 is a likely person with information.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • pustareka
    replied
    No help Eric ?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by StephenDigsHistory View Post
    I didn't particulary like the earphone strap arrangement, and while I'm not quite up to make a proper set of headphones for my Vallon, I came up with a suitable solutution for me anyway. I took a set of shooting ear muffs, removed the foam from the right ear cup, used an exacto knife to cut away for the cable and put the earphone inside the cup. So now i can wear a conventional set of earphones to block out wind and wave noise, and not have to deal with that strap that came on it.[ATTACH]50862[/ATTACH][ATTACH]50862[/ATTACH][ATTACH]50862[/ATTACH][ATTACH]50862[/ATTACH][ATTACH]50863[/ATTACH]

    Good solution

    Leave a comment:


  • StephenDigsHistory
    replied
    My solution to the earphone!

    Originally posted by StephenDigsHistory View Post
    Hello,
    I purchased a VMH3CS last year from US ebay. I got one in excellent condition, even the arm cuff was fully intact! Im not sure it was ever used in the field to be honest. It is on the 1.14 software as it has the confidence click. I researched the detector at the time of purchase and this site was mentioned, along with this excellent thread, but unfortunately at that tike, and for weeks following, there was a problem with registering to this site and I never could. I pulled my Vallon out the other day and began tinkering with it again and thought about this site and was able to register! Ive spent the last 3 days reading all this thread. Thanks to Mr. Foster and all the others for all the great knowledge and tips. Carolina, could you tell me where you sent your unit in for pressure testing and software upgrade? I would love to do the same. I am primarily a relic hunter, and beach and shallow water. I own many detectors including a couple other pi units.
    I didn't particulary like the earphone strap arrangement, and while I'm not quite up to make a proper set of headphones for my Vallon, I came up with a suitable solutution for me anyway. I took a set of shooting ear muffs, removed the foam from the right ear cup, used an exacto knife to cut away for the cable and put the earphone inside the cup. So now i can wear a conventional set of earphones to block out wind and wave noise, and not have to deal with that strap that came on it.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_125522.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	812.2 KB
ID:	357811Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_125522.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	812.2 KB
ID:	357811Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_125522.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	812.2 KB
ID:	357811Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_125522.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	812.2 KB
ID:	357811Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_125520.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,021.2 KB
ID:	357812

    Leave a comment:


  • pustareka
    replied
    Originally posted by pustareka View Post
    Mr Eric Help procedural tuned SuperScan MK 1 ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Эрик.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	357810

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by pustareka View Post
    Mr Eric

    Help procedural tuned SuperScan MK 1 ?

    This one?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by pustareka View Post
    Mr Eric

    Help procedural tuned SuperScan MK 1 ?

    pustareka - Please upload images directly to Geotech (using the Go Advanced button) instead of providing links to a Russian upload site.

    I'm sure it was unintentional, but that site contains a lot of spam images. I was unable to see them until I turned off my Ad Blocker. However, another member has reported them, so your link has been removed.

    Leave a comment:


  • pustareka
    replied
    Mr Eric

    Help procedural tuned SuperScan MK 1 ?

    Last edited by Qiaozhi; 07-14-2020, 02:36 PM. Reason: Attachment removed. Contains spam images from Russian upload site.

    Leave a comment:


  • StephenDigsHistory
    replied
    Glad to be finally be here!

    Hello,
    I purchased a VMH3CS last year from US ebay. I got one in excellent condition, even the arm cuff was fully intact! Im not sure it was ever used in the field to be honest. It is on the 1.14 software as it has the confidence click. I researched the detector at the time of purchase and this site was mentioned, along with this excellent thread, but unfortunately at that tike, and for weeks following, there was a problem with registering to this site and I never could. I pulled my Vallon out the other day and began tinkering with it again and thought about this site and was able to register! Ive spent the last 3 days reading all this thread. Thanks to Mr. Foster and all the others for all the great knowledge and tips. Carolina, could you tell me where you sent your unit in for pressure testing and software upgrade? I would love to do the same. I am primarily a relic hunter, and beach and shallow water. I own many detectors including a couple other pi units.

    Leave a comment:


  • craigholland
    replied
    ok. thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    It should be a resistor. If you post links to "sites" that you referenced we could probably give you a better answer.

    Leave a comment:


  • craigholland
    replied
    hello. im a little confused. one site says use a shunt. one says use a 47uf capacitor and another says 47k resistor. i have bought piezo electric headphones and they say resistor. can you please help as i dont want a disaster. kind regards craig

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian Deese
    replied
    Control box mounting

    I saw on Eric's mod it looked like a clip of some kind mounting the control enclosure like some older whites used to use when I remembered that I had these clips. They are like broom handle clips or something for your storage closet. I added a third one with holes for the pins to stop rotation,not shown in tha pictures.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian Deese
    replied
    VMC1 Hack

    Hello to the Vallon club. I am hacking my VMC1,waiting on a couple of items to finish it up. I could not use the telescopic unit,it was not compatible with my swinging arm. I put on the bnc coax from an old test cable and powered it on on the bench,and to my surprise it completed the self test and appeared to work. It was a little sparky inside my shop and there is major high tension wires right out the window so I am hopeful. But as Eric has stated the coiled coax I replaced has 200pF measured at 1khz, the new coax measures 43pF. This thing has been laying here long enough,I am going to use it this year.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    so beautiful
    achievements

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X