If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
From what I read in the manual, that setting should now be stored. It will be interesting to see if it is still good for a different location.
Eric.
Tried with the GB setting from yesterday in very similar ground. Seemed okay. Then moved into an area with (what google suggests!) dolerite. GB again and good to go. I am actually very happy with how it handles the various ground so far.
Detected a small (tiny!) bit of aluminium at about 8 inches that was so clear it had me excited! I am not sure if its just my ears, but lead, iron and aluminium all seem to make a different squeal....if thats possible....could just be my imagination
Received Vallon #2 yesterday. It is in near mint condition, date is 6-10. A way to keep the arm rest in desired place. Split 5/16" fuel lines and clamshell them over the guide rod. If one piece is cut a little long (about 1/8") it will provide some compression to the system and help dampen any lateral motion as well.
[ATTACH]38766[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]38767[/ATTACH]
I expect you realised this, but the guide rod is also the tube that feeds the coax from the coil back into the electronics box. It is a coiled coax in the lower shaft which allows the telescopic shaft extension. All O ring sealed too. An ingenious design!
While I am finding it a bit hard to believe, DHL have emailed me and claim that my machine is ready to be delivered next Monday the 13th, not bad 3 days from England to Oz, maybe the $100 postage may actually work ?
I ended up ordering another one too. Mine left the UK on Thursday, arrived Perth today!!...Sure faster than Australia Post
While I am finding it a bit hard to believe, DHL have emailed me and claim that my machine is ready to be delivered next Monday the 13th, not bad 3 days from England to Oz, maybe the $100 postage may actually work ?
Received Vallon #2 yesterday. It is in near mint condition, date is 6-10. A way to keep the arm rest in desired place. Split 5/16" fuel lines and clamshell them over the guide rod. If one piece is cut a little long (about 1/8") it will provide some compression to the system and help dampen any lateral motion as well.
Received Vallon #2 yesterday. It is in near mint condition, date is 6-10. A way to keep the arm rest in desired place. Split 5/16" fuel lines and clamshell them over the guide rod. If one piece is cut a little long (about 1/8") it will provide some compression to the system and help dampen any lateral motion as well.
2 hours out this morning. Quartz and ironstone ground, close to an old gold mine.
I tried ground balancing according to the manual, this time listening for the "continuous tone beep"....Up, down, up down for about 2 minutes and Yep!!...I actually got the beep I think they mean
No issues at all with hot rocks. The Vallon was as quite as a mouse...until I hit a few targets. 1.5g lead bullet at 10 inches....very loud clear response. The thinnest piece of fencing wire I have ever seen and only about 5mm long detected at 6 inches. Numerous bullet shells and pieces of wire of various lengths.
I have no concerns now that the VMH3CS will handle most mineralized ground.
Now to find a nugget!!
From what I read in the manual, that setting should now be stored. It will be interesting to see if it is still good for a different location.
2 hours out this morning. Quartz and ironstone ground, close to an old gold mine.
I tried ground balancing according to the manual, this time listening for the "continuous tone beep"....Up, down, up down for about 2 minutes and Yep!!...I actually got the beep I think they mean
No issues at all with hot rocks. The Vallon was as quite as a mouse...until I hit a few targets. 1.5g lead bullet at 10 inches....very loud clear response. The thinnest piece of fencing wire I have ever seen and only about 5mm long detected at 6 inches. Numerous bullet shells and pieces of wire of various lengths.
I have no concerns now that the VMH3CS will handle most mineralized ground.
Now to find a nugget!!
I see that Vallon advised Eric of the (expensive!!) cost of the 30cm coil....I have emailed them asking if they have any second hand coils available ....You never know!
In regards the GB, Vallon in the manual say: "Repeat these up-and-down movements with pressed button „C“ until a continuous tone (beep) is produced. In strongly mineralized soil this procedure may need up to 1 minute. Stop pressing button „C“: You will hear one short tone (beep) which confirms the storage of the achieved data"......Which now makes me think that I may have actually only been partly GB'ed until now! I think I was releasing "C" a bit early. (I was releasing "C" when I got a decreased, even, tone!)....If this has been the case, the Vallon did very well when not fully ground balanced properly!!....More practice me thinks!
Hi Eric, I am hopeing that I get a good working Vallon, RE the area you mention, yes I know that area , quite restricted on where you can legally detect now, if the weather cools down I may be able to get there in next month or two, (its a fair hike from my side of town) and test out the Vallon for you, been past it many times but not been able to detect in that particular spot, if you dont mind me asking, what machine did you use when you were there ?
Initially, I was testing the GS5B which later evolved to the Whites TDi.
Don't worry about going to Beggary Hill. It was just if you were passing that way, as I know it is quite a distance. I am equally happy to hear of results from any location in Australia.
Great to hear that another Vallon is going to Australia, particularly to the Melbourne area. I used to stay at Laanecoorie Lakeside resort when Jimmy Stewart owned it and go out from there to various sites. Beggary Hill seemed about the worst mineralised area, so if you ever go that way and the Vallon handles that ground, their GB method gets full marks.
Eric.
Hi Eric, I am hopeing that I get a good working Vallon, RE the area you mention, yes I know that area , quite restricted on where you can legally detect now, if the weather cools down I may be able to get there in next month or two, (its a fair hike from my side of town) and test out the Vallon for you, been past it many times but not been able to detect in that particular spot, if you dont mind me asking, what machine did you use when you were there ?
Leave a comment: