Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    I still have all the cut offs and the armrest slide is complete if you thought you could gusset another couple inches of it on to yours or utilize it in some manner I would be happy to send it to you.

    the material the vallon case is made of glues together very strong with Jb weld plastic epoxy.
    was thinking the fold up arm rest could be taken off your slide, 2 to 3 inches cut off the spare slide could be glued on top of your slide .
    The machine would still fold up but have the extra slide out the back.
    it would take a little work to make it pretty but could be done. also a larger battery could be placed in the extra space
    Just thinking
    Thanks for the kind offer, I will give it some thought.

    Do you happen to know what the replacement part number is for the headphone jack? I would like to put one of my headsets onto the Gizmo without cutting the stock piezo headset cable.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    I still have all the cut offs and the armrest slide is complete if you thought you could gusset another couple inches of it on to yours or utilize it in some manner I would be happy to send it to you.

    the material the vallon case is made of glues together very strong with Jb weld plastic epoxy.
    was thinking the fold up arm rest could be taken off your slide, 2 to 3 inches cut off the spare slide could be glued on top of your slide .
    The machine would still fold up but have the extra slide out the back.
    it would take a little work to make it pretty but could be done. also a larger battery could be placed in the extra space
    Just thinking

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Cool glad it is all good.
    I hear you I've been pretty strapped for time as well.

    Mine was bare no headphones arm rest and the wrong battery cap.

    I'm still trying to get to know mine as well.
    I've hunted it three times next to a tdi and its pretty competitive but the TDI does trump it for very small items.

    Battery life is really bad, it says 8 hours feels more like 6 three hunts three sets of C's

    So I repackaged it.

    [ATTACH]54590[/ATTACH]

    my battery is a bit over kill and at the moment is waist mount eventually will be under arm cuff.
    The whole mod with a 1and a 1/2 pound power supply is 5.5 pounds.
    used a go pro case to make it water prof. 10 amp battery eliminator and battery monitor both fit in the case.

    Just finished my first coil for it came up a little short at 1186 uh and 1.68 ohms but the gizmo accepts it so seems there some room to work with.
    for kicks tried a 300 uh coil , no go would be nice to know where the cut off is both for l and R.

    as I find out more Ill post and would be interested in your experiences as well.

    Have Fun
    I like how you handled your necessary modifications. I need to think about extending the arm cuff on mine as I find it to be not balanced properly for me. I am too used to having the headend on my belt or chest and just swinging the shaft and coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Cool glad it is all good.
    I hear you I've been pretty strapped for time as well.

    Mine was bare no headphones arm rest and the wrong battery cap.

    I'm still trying to get to know mine as well.
    I've hunted it three times next to a tdi and its pretty competitive but the TDI does trump it for very small items.

    Battery life is really bad, it says 8 hours feels more like 6 three hunts three sets of C's

    So I repackaged it.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	borg vallon .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	359267

    my battery is a bit over kill and at the moment is waist mount eventually will be under arm cuff.
    The whole mod with a 1and a 1/2 pound power supply is 5.5 pounds.
    used a go pro case to make it water prof. 10 amp battery eliminator and battery monitor both fit in the case.

    Just finished my first coil for it came up a little short at 1186 uh and 1.68 ohms but the gizmo accepts it so seems there some room to work with.
    for kicks tried a 300 uh coil , no go would be nice to know where the cut off is both for l and R.

    as I find out more Ill post and would be interested in your experiences as well.

    Have Fun

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Hi Surfdetector,

    " Nice" hope its all in good shape for you !
    Curious Did you get a Gizmo or the VMH3cs?

    Gizmo is put together a bit different I have some tear down shots if you got a gizmo and need them.
    I got the Gizmo. It appears to be in great shape. I need to find some time this weekend to learn it a bit. Any info you have would be great. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Thank you for the Gizmo manual. I just received my machine today and am looking forward to learning it.
    Cheers
    Hi Surfdetector,

    " Nice" hope its all in good shape for you !
    Curious Did you get a Gizmo or the VMH3cs?

    Gizmo is put together a bit different I have some tear down shots if you got a gizmo and need them.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Hi Trance,

    Somewhere here is a link to the vmh3 Manual I think .

    But if you have a 2010 model it may have the software update and I think its the same method as the gizmo.
    Here is the gizmo manual.
    page 39 and 40.
    https://dl-manual.com/doc/vallon-vmc1-manual-no49yy016gz9
    Thank you for the Gizmo manual. I just received my machine today and am looking forward to learning it.
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    My 10 minute agricultural nothing fancy audio fix
    used a broken adapter cable I had from the sdc2300. Attached white and brown wires. Plugged into my booster via cable, its very loud thru dual detecting speakers!!! Used normal tape as was experimenting. Will solder and use electrical tape later. It works...loudly! Will try with normal headphones at some point. I dont generally use headphones when detecting anyway, so dual speakers would work for me. I am scared of wild dogs attacking me and would rather hear them before they jump on my back
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vallon plug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	359097

    Leave a comment:


  • TH'r
    replied
    Originally posted by trance View Post
    I have a vallon but cannot for the life of me work out how to change the channel to make it more stable. can someone explain it to me or post me a copy of the full manual? The manual I have doesnt mention how to change the channels I have the 2010 model.
    Thanks everyone

    Look at Eric's post #1186 to change channels.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    One thing you could try regarding the EMI on one of the Vallons is to check the channel settings to see if they are different.
    On the one that is less affected by EMI set the mode selector to the speaker symbol. Press C and keep it pressed. After 3 seconds you get a short beep, but keep pressing C. Two LEDs should eventually light, 12 being one of them, but ignore this one. Note the LED number of the other one.

    Switch off the first detector and go to the noisy one and repeat the process. If it settles at a different LED number, press either the + or - button so that the channel LED number is the same as te first detector. Switch back to the normal mode and see if the EMI is any better. Any channel change is stored on switch off, so on further use it will be the last change that you are working with.

    If there is no improvement in EMI, then there could be a difference in the firmware settings of the two.

    EMI is a problem for me in, or near, my workshop. No change in channel setting will cure it and I have not yet found out what the source is. Whatever causes it, goes off after 5.30pm and then the Vallons are quiet. It must come from an adjacent shop; maybe my wife's. I can hear it quite loudly on a medium wave radio and during the day it blots out all but the strongest stations. I use a 14in search coil as a loop antenna, so it is definitely the EM noise that plays havoc with the detectors. I'll have to find a portable radio with ferrite antenna and do some direction finding.

    Eric.
    Bump of Eric's advice on Channel selection

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by trance View Post
    I have a vallon but cannot for the life of me work out how to change the channel to make it more stable. can someone explain it to me or post me a copy of the full manual? The manual I have doesnt mention how to change the channels I have the 2010 model.
    Thanks everyone
    I think its this

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot at 2021-01-26 15-49-42.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	359005

    Leave a comment:


  • trance
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Hi Trance,

    Somewhere here is a link to the vmh3 Manual I think .

    But if you have a 2010 model it may have the software update and I think its the same method as the gizmo.
    Here is the gizmo manual.
    page 39 and 40.
    https://dl-manual.com/doc/vallon-vmc1-manual-no49yy016gz9
    Thank you very much. I will have a look

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Hi Trance,

    Somewhere here is a link to the vmh3 Manual I think .

    But if you have a 2010 model it may have the software update and I think its the same method as the gizmo.
    Here is the gizmo manual.
    page 39 and 40.
    https://dl-manual.com/doc/vallon-vmc1-manual-no49yy016gz9

    Leave a comment:


  • trance
    replied
    I have a vallon but cannot for the life of me work out how to change the channel to make it more stable. can someone explain it to me or post me a copy of the full manual? The manual I have doesnt mention how to change the channels I have the 2010 model.
    Thanks everyone

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Hi Green,
    Thanks for your response.

    I picked up some regular foil and made new test pieces.
    I cut in 1/16 increments from 7/8 to 1and1/16.
    tested on both the Tdi pro with a Jimmy 5x10" folded mono and gizmo stock coil.

    Gizmo sen's 8 normal mode.
    A. 7/8x7/8 = 0"
    B. 15/16 = 1"
    C.1" = 1 .5"
    D.1 1/16" = 2"
    Tdi Sen's 4.5 Gb Off delay 10us
    A. 2.5" min us detectable at 1/2 inch= 14us
    B. 3" = 16.5us
    C. 4.5" =18 us
    D. 5.5" =20 us

    The Gizmo does not do too shabby very capable of micro jewelry on the beach(Sub Gram) .
    That's what it takes for me to want to use a machine on the beach as most of the gold finds I get are in the gram range.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X