Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Altair
    replied
    Someone sell Vallon backpack?

    Leave a comment:


  • tifred
    replied
    hello
    I finished my changes.
    I have to sell parts here.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190122_161733.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	353176

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190122_161641.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	353174

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190122_161838.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	353175

    Leave a comment:


  • Riss
    replied
    I tested him ( Vallon VMN3CS ) briefly , on average soil .On ,, mineral “ - no problem -passed the procedure ,,ground reject ‘’.But in mode ,, normal’’ reacts very strongly to the soil . Of this mode gives signs , that he will register a pot with coins at 60 centimeters deep in the ground . On the mineral mode has no response on of the same pot . The test was with 15 x30 cm original , standart coil . Aluminum pan- diameter about 30 cm - reaction of about 50 cm in the air . Is there any new software that would allow ground rejection procedure on ,, normal ‘’ ? And allow registration of the above-mentioned pot ?

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    Love it. Thanks a lot !

    Leave a comment:


  • Rocketdemon
    replied
    Something like this.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Vallon serial lead and pin outs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	353116
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    BTW, what is the link to the firmware upgrade on the download page http://www.vallon.us/download/download.html

    I can only see EVA2000 software (?)

    Can anyone explain how to link a regular 9 pins DB9 RS232 plug to the six pins plug on the vallon ?

    FRom : ... to...

    Best regards,

    brinbrin
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Originally posted by brinbrin View Post
    Anyone can confirm this ? I remember to have read posts stating that the dongle was compulsory.
    lytle78 is correct. No dongle is needed. Contact VALLON in Germany for update information.

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    Free Vallon firmware update ? Where do I sign ?

    Originally posted by lytle78 View Post
    I am trying to clarify the ins and outs of firmware update. Based on reading the posts here and some information from a forum member, it looks like the previously provided pinouts for the Vallon connector - data in, data out, and ground can go to a standard Serial connector. As far as the connector - here are surplus ones for $7.99

    ... // ...

    The dongle is not needed and supposedly Vallon will supply the software free.
    Anyone can confirm this ? I remember to have read posts stating that the dongle was compulsory.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Great read and indeed very sobering

    Leave a comment:


  • lytle78
    replied
    Doing more background on the Vallons, I came across this. Sobering reading. Makes me think of those green things differently - like where all the red dust in them came from.

    Leave a comment:


  • lytle78
    replied
    Well, finally got out in the desert - very preliminary results on a US 5 cent “nickel” on both machines were about 13-14” when buried in moderately mineralized coarse sand/small gravel. This is at preset settings. About what I could get with a TDI.

    I am trying to clarify the ins and outs of firmware update. Based on reading the posts here and some information from a forum member, it looks like the previously provided pinouts for the Vallon connector - data in, data out, and ground can go to a standard Seriel connector. As far as the connector - here are surplus ones for $7.99



    The dongle is not needed and supposedly Vallon will supply the software free.

    Leave a comment:


  • MTammet
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    Well in my experience of trying the Vallon in Western Australia, I can say that it would have no trouble detecting gold from about 0.3g and up, at pretty fair depths. The biggest issue I found in my 12 or so months of trying the machine was the sensitivity to hot rocks. In fairly benign ground it wasnt an issue, but once I moved toward more difficult ground littered with a varied assortment of ironstones etc, it was "hot rock hell" You could ground balance to these, but then that upset the ground balance generally. In some places I tried it, I was literally digging up a hot rock every few feet! A DD coil would be excellent, but not sure that is possible.
    From my experience. I was not able to balance out soviet balun nickel ferrite. Ground goes up to 10 led and detector still detects ferrite. No problem with magnesium soft ferrite. I also noticed that GB at 7, 8 led is about maximum that Vallon can handle without problems. I have no problems with pegmatite, magnetite, mediaeval brick floor.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by lytle78 View Post
    I would really like to see a further development of this discussion - proven solutions for lighter and more “micro gold” oriented coil/mechanical solution.
    Well in my experience of trying the Vallon in Western Australia, I can say that it would have no trouble detecting gold from about 0.3g and up, at pretty fair depths. The biggest issue I found in my 12 or so months of trying the machine was the sensitivity to hot rocks. In fairly benign ground it wasnt an issue, but once I moved toward more difficult ground littered with a varied assortment of ironstones etc, it was "hot rock hell" You could ground balance to these, but then that upset the ground balance generally. In some places I tried it, I was literally digging up a hot rock every few feet! A DD coil would be excellent, but not sure that is possible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    I am very interest to read the results of compare with other detectors as TDI and ATX.

    Leave a comment:


  • lytle78
    replied
    Well, they have both arrived. On is a real “war veteran” showing signs of field use and the usual “broken ear”. the other one is nearly like new with only a couple of snags on the control decal to show it was ever opened. They both power up and check out, but I have to get out in the desert because our very “tight” retirement community is EMI hell.

    Looking forward to compare it to the TDI’s I had and see how the depth on previously set targets is. I would really like to see a further development of this discussion - proven solutions for lighter and more “micro gold” oriented coil/mechanical solution.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X