Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    I measured all 40 channels on a precision frequency meter and found that the pulse rate on the VMH3CS varied between 3060pps and 2475pps. The setup is a bit strange as I would have expected one end (high or low) would be on CH11, LED1 with the other end being CH14 and LED10, but this is not the case. Low pps is CH12, LED10 at 2475pps and high pps is CH13, LED1 at 3060pps. One thing for certain is that I found a channel where I can run the Vallon quietly in my workshop, whereas before I had to go outside in the yard, so, many thanks to TH'r for investigating this channel feature.

    I will post a full table of 40 channels tomorrow after I have checked another Vallon or two, to see if they are the same.

    Eric.

    Thanks Eric good info.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by TH'r View Post
    More experimentation. How many channels do these Vallon's have? Mine seem to have four banks of 10 channels each with the numbers 11,12,13,14, being the group or bank numbers. After considerable trial and error I found Ch. 5 of Bank 11 made my noisy Vallon completely quiet.
    I measured all 40 channels on a precision frequency meter and found that the pulse rate on the VMH3CS varied between 3060pps and 2475pps. The setup is a bit strange as I would have expected one end (high or low) would be on CH11, LED1 with the other end being CH14 and LED10, but this is not the case. Low pps is CH12, LED10 at 2475pps and high pps is CH13, LED1 at 3060pps. One thing for certain is that I found a channel where I can run the Vallon quietly in my workshop, whereas before I had to go outside in the yard, so, many thanks to TH'r for investigating this channel feature.

    I will post a full table of 40 channels tomorrow after I have checked another Vallon or two, to see if they are the same.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    Sorry mate, not yet. Have been busy at work and with sick kids !!
    Will try and get an air test done this weekend !

    No worries it was more of a general question just to see if you have discovered any difference between the 2 coils

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by TH'r View Post
    More experimentation. How many channels do these Vallon's have? Mine seem to have four banks of 10 channels each with the numbers 11,12,13,14, being the group or bank numbers. After considerable trial and error I found Ch. 5 of Bank 11 made my noisy Vallon completely quiet.
    That is interesting . The manual mentions 40 channels and I wondered how they came to that number. I will have to set one up on a frequency counter to see the range of the TX prf. over the 40 channels.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • TH'r
    replied
    Originally posted by TH'r View Post
    Hello Eric; Tried this experiment with the following results. When I held "C" down in volume mode I got LED's 6789 followed by 2 & 11 (not 12) on the less sensitive to EMI Vallon. On the more sensitive to EMI one I saw 6789 followed by 9 & 13 (not 12?). I changed the channel to #2 but there was no improvement in the EMI situation.
    More experimentation. How many channels do these Vallon's have? Mine seem to have four banks of 10 channels each with the numbers 11,12,13,14, being the group or bank numbers. After considerable trial and error I found Ch. 5 of Bank 11 made my noisy Vallon completely quiet.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Have you tested it yet on a 5cent and 2 dollar coin ?
    Sorry mate, not yet. Have been busy at work and with sick kids !!
    Will try and get an air test done this weekend !

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    I have the 30cm UXO coil
    Have you tested it yet on a 5cent and 2 dollar coin ?

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by garyq View Post
    I read also on another forum that for deeper detection, the better Vallon detector is the VMH3CS with the 60cm diameter UXO search head, which can find large projectiles down to ~4ft, so relic target depth would be dependent on how much metal they have.
    I have the 30cm UXO coil so will see how that goes
    I read a lot of test reports and the Vallon with the 30cm and 60cm search heads did very well on half a BLU-26 bomblet, which as far as I can work out has a weight of 220 grams of metal.
    All quite promising!....the 30cm coil should detected a 2 kilo nugget quite deep!....Now just have to walk over the top of one ha ha

    Leave a comment:


  • garyq
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    I was reading about Vallon detectors on another forum. Found this interesting: "As a professional user of many types of detection equipment, down to the simple MD, I can assure you a Vallon will easily detect the items as you described. My personal detector is the VMC1 with modifications perform by me. Vallon will NOT modify detectors from their intended design. So don't even ask them"......I wonder what the modifications were?!!!!! I have sent the writer a msg, but given the post was quite old, I am not confident of a reply
    I read also on another forum that for deeper detection, the better Vallon detector is the VMH3CS with the 60cm diameter UXO search head, which can find large projectiles down to ~4ft, so relic target depth would be dependent on how much metal they have.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Eric re your FM cordless TX, great invention, I have used a digital tuned FM TX similar to the one in your picture, I used it on my Ace 250, worked very well, had a small problem with over driving the audio , just needed a small inline pot to reduce audio, and then worked perfect, used a pocket FM rx to listen to signal.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Altra View Post
    Based on Eric's earlier post. I used a matching transformer and some pvc pipe fittings to make an extension to 1/4in. adapter. It keeps the headphone cable out of the way behind the armrest. The pipe fittings are 3/4" and the pipe is 3/4" schd20 thin wall. The transformer is unmarked, but I believe it is about 600ohm : 8ohm. I have tested it with my "Nugget Buster" headphones and some homemade piezos. Very loud.

    [ATTACH]39189[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]39187[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]39190[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]39188[/ATTACH]
    Nice invention, I picked up some piezos, one day will install in earmuffs, I've done this before with rocking armature receivers out of telephone handset.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    I was reading about Vallon detectors on another forum. Found this interesting: "As a professional user of many types of detection equipment, down to the simple MD, I can assure you a Vallon will easily detect the items as you described. My personal detector is the VMC1 with modifications perform by me. Vallon will NOT modify detectors from their intended design. So don't even ask them"......I wonder what the modifications were?!!!!! I have sent the writer a msg, but given the post was quite old, I am not confident of a reply

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Some great headphone ideas here! Thank you
    I will get onto making similar.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    Based on Eric's earlier post. I used a matching transformer and some pvc pipe fittings to make an extension to 1/4in. adapter. It keeps the headphone cable out of the way behind the armrest. The pipe fittings are 3/4" and the pipe is 3/4" schd20 thin wall. The transformer is unmarked, but I believe it is about 600ohm : 8ohm. I have tested it with my "Nugget Buster" headphones and some homemade piezos. Very loud.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3043.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	348072
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3044.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	348070
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	348073
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3046.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	348071

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X