Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    PM sent, thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Does anybody have the complete user manual ? thanks.
    Had a quick play, its very sensitive, got to figure out how to turn down sensitivity, one led is not working.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    My machine has arrived

    Very dusty, not too many scratches, got to fire it up.
    Thats great let us know how it goes. Like Eric, I am keen to see how it ground balances in Vic soil.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    My machine has arrived

    Very dusty, not too many scratches, got to fire it up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by gb8 View Post
    I'm interested, but couldn't find a PM function.. possibly due to my new user, 0 post status. Do you have any refurbished units still available? Is there another way I can contact you ?
    Go to top of the page and look under Geotech. Two lines down you will see in small print 'Private Messages'. Click on that and you will see one from me.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • gb8
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    I have some refurbished ones for sale with brand new wide armrests. PM me for details.

    Eric.
    I'm interested, but couldn't find a PM function.. possibly due to my new user, 0 post status. Do you have any refurbished units still available? Is there another way I can contact you ?

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    On thing that I did notice was that the SAT or auto-zero was much slower in GB than in normal setting and that if you left a target in the coil field it would slowly tune out, but when the target was removed the detector sounded off for a while unless you pressed the C button, which zeroed it straight away. Pulling the piece of ironstone away does not cause this reverse response. Have those who have a Vallon VMH3CS noticed this?
    Eric.
    With my minimal pin-pointing experience (tried it twice), I found it was quite accurate. I did notice if you kept the pin-point button in for longer than an few seconds, when you took the Vallon away from the area, it kept screeching. The manual says to press "c" to cancel this. I found if I left it alone, the screech stopped anyway. I cant say that I noticed it tuning out the target, but may well have not kept it on the target area for very long.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    I knew it was too good to be true, I've been conned by the email tracking info sent by UK Mail, when it said my parcel was ready to be delivered, it was only to their international courier , back to waiting.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Thanks for the info on GB, I have several box's of GF gravel and a collection of hot rocks to test on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    Tried with the GB setting from yesterday in very similar ground. Seemed okay. Then moved into an area with (what google suggests!) dolerite. GB again and good to go. I am actually very happy with how it handles the various ground so far.
    Detected a small (tiny!) bit of aluminium at about 8 inches that was so clear it had me excited! I am not sure if its just my ears, but lead, iron and aluminium all seem to make a different squeal....if thats possible....could just be my imagination
    I did some further tests today on the GB setting of the Vallon in the light of the apparent differences in setting up depending on what year the detector was made. My manual is 2016 while most of the units on the surplus market seem to be 2010. I have an earlier manual dated 2007 and that is where the up and down motion when balancing is used.

    I tried the up/down balancing on a unit that I picked at random. I don't know the year since many of my units lack the manufacturer's plate and I have removed the plastic label on the top because most look tatty. The circuit boards have a label but I decline to open it up again to see just that. Anyhow, the up/down movement over the coil tuned right out the large lump of Oz ironstone and it was still balance on a box of OZ gravel and dust. I tested a range of nuggets from 10gm to 0.3gm and they all detected at what seems to be the same, or even slightly better than in the normal non-GB setting. I did not notice any hole in the response that is often caused by GB filtering.

    On thing that I did notice was that the SAT or auto-zero was much slower in GB than in normal setting and that if you left a target in the coil field it would slowly tune out, but when the target was removed the detector sounded off for a while unless you pressed the C button, which zeroed it straight away. Pulling the piece of ironstone away does not cause this reverse response. Have those who have a Vallon VMH3CS noticed this?

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    What was your motivation for buying a second one ?
    how are you powering your machine
    I've ordered some plastic D cell Battery Holder Adapter Cases For 2AA to D Size
    so with 2 NiZn aa's each D cell will have about 3000maH capacity and start at about 1.6 volts each
    but these adapters are on a slow boat from china.

    Would you mind doing a simple air test with a 5 cent and 2 dollar coin please
    would be interested in what you get thanks.
    Simple Motivation was so the wife has one too
    I am using 3 good quality "Energizer" D sized batteries.
    I will do an air test as soon as I can...

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    I ended up ordering another one too. Mine left the UK on Thursday, arrived Perth today!!...Sure faster than Australia Post

    What was your motivation for buying a second one ?
    how are you powering your machine
    I've ordered some plastic D cell Battery Holder Adapter Cases For 2AA to D Size
    so with 2 NiZn aa's each D cell will have about 3000maH capacity and start at about 1.6 volts each
    but these adapters are on a slow boat from china.

    Would you mind doing a simple air test with a 5 cent and 2 dollar coin please
    would be interested in what you get thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    I wish I had, but I am working on it. I suspect that a lot of broken coils with their lower shafts have been scrapped as they come as one unit. I am trying to source some, as the lower shaft is essential for making other coil sizes which I could do myself. Without a lower shaft you have the problem of the connector and the male coupling piece to somehow make. If I can get some shafts, then there is the possibility of making 12in and 15in coils, plus probes. Unfortunately, I doubt that any aftermarket PI coils will work because of the unusual high inductance/resistance that is required for the detector to work.

    Eric.
    I have emailed Vallon asking if they have any second hand 30cm coils....You never know

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    Got any 30cm or 60cm coils for sale ha ha
    I wish I had, but I am working on it. I suspect that a lot of broken coils with their lower shafts have been scrapped as they come as one unit. I am trying to source some, as the lower shaft is essential for making other coil sizes which I could do myself. Without a lower shaft you have the problem of the connector and the male coupling piece to somehow make. If I can get some shafts, then there is the possibility of making 12in and 15in coils, plus probes. Unfortunately, I doubt that any aftermarket PI coils will work because of the unusual high inductance/resistance that is required for the detector to work.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    I have some refurbished ones for sale with brand new wide armrests. PM me for details.

    Eric.
    Got any 30cm or 60cm coils for sale ha ha

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X