Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Goaty
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Install Wine package for linux, then you can run Sprint.

    Good idea - I had forgotten about Wine. I started to install Win10 with VM but gave up when it would not let me use my product key.
    I guess I would only need the sprint file viewer to print the board patterns?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Goaty View Post
    Post #693




    I've started building this but now realize that there should be a bottom copper layer. Could someone (dbanner?) please check and publish a pdf copy so I could check as I can not open sprint files (Linux user)
    Thanks

    Install Wine package for linux, then you can run Sprint.

    Leave a comment:


  • Goaty
    replied
    Post #693

    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    SMD layout. Ready to print.

    I've started building this but now realize that there should be a bottom copper layer. Could someone (dbanner?) please check and publish a pdf copy so I could check as I can not open sprint files (Linux user)
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Ok Goaty,,,,Let us know how you do,,,post some pics etc when you've built it if you can. I have the SMD layout from post #404 also and just like you, I don't have the componets yet in SMD packages. I have 4x Pickini4's built and all work great,,one of them found me a solid gold ring with a diamond,,,it was 12" inches deep! Good little detector. I used a 3DSS coil wth it it that was 350uh. The wire was 0.5mm x 16 strands 600v PTFE hook up wire. Let us know how you go mate,,,Regards,,,Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Goaty
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Goaty,,I found this Layout and this has the 'LED out' like you mentioned,,,It may be the version they used but it's still a large pcb for SMD really as it is 68mm x 33mm. This also has the PIC programming pins on too I think,,,See what you think,,If it's not what you're looking for let me know and I'll keep searching,,,Regards,,,Marty
    Thanks for the info Marty
    I think Nick's latest version is in post #325 (&#327) where he has made further modifications. I have not looked at this yet because of the difficulty in viewing Sprint files (I have to use my wifes laptop with Win 10 which is infuriatingly sloooow!)
    Reptooyep has also posted his smd lay files in post #404 and appears to have it working.
    I am in the process of ordering some of the sm components in preparation for the build but still have to decide which board layout to use.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Goaty,,I found this Layout and this has the 'LED out' like you mentioned,,,It may be the version they used but it's still a large pcb for SMD really as it is 68mm x 33mm. This also has the PIC programming pins on too I think,,,See what you think,,If it's not what you're looking for let me know and I'll keep searching,,,Regards,,,Marty
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Goaty
    replied
    Marty
    I did a quick search and I think that layout was made by nick holas and is described in post #315 onwards. bernte_one also worked on an smd version as did retooyep who described his in post #404.
    I'm not sure if any of these employ the pin7 output of the pic to drive an LED or piezo but this seems to be a feature worth having on an underwater detector.
    I have built a TH version in pvc pipe but have had real problems keeping the water out ( electrolysis with sea water dissolved the end cap of one of the lithium batteries - not good!).
    At the moment I am looking for some readily obtainable (and cheap) waterproof housing to use.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya Goaty,,,,No it's not my Layout, I didn't draw it,and I don't know if it's proven or not,,,I came across it here somewhere on the forum some time ago while collecting all the information I could in order to build my own Pickini 4,,,,,I'll keep looking for you to see if I can find a proven SMD version for you because I would like to build one too. I will let you know if I find anything. Regards,,,Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Goaty
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Ripsdevala,,,I have this if it helps,,,I haven't built it,,let us know if it's ok,,,Regards,,Marty

    Is this your own layout and have you built and tested it yet?
    After a lot of mucking about I managed to view the files but they won't print properly on my printer with Linux so I haven't had a chance to check them.
    (I tried to re-install Win10 using VM but Microsoft wanted me to jump through hoops so I spat the dummy with it!!)
    I am quite keen to make a nice small Pickini using sm to fit in a waterproof housing but have too many other projects in hand to be able to dedicate the time .

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    Thanks, will check and order the pcb

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Ripsdevala,,,I have this if it helps,,,I haven't built it,,let us know if it's ok,,,Regards,,Marty
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    is there any member have working smd layout with pickit connection.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Nice DIY construction. Thanks for pictures.

    Leave a comment:


  • PIERE
    replied
    Photo part 1, battery boxClick image for larger version

Name:	part 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	602.6 KB
ID:	355289Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Box.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	489.0 KB
ID:	355290

    Leave a comment:


  • PIERE
    replied
    Photos Others partsClick image for larger version

Name:	part 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	636.0 KB
ID:	355288Click image for larger version

Name:	part 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	636.0 KB
ID:	355288

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X