Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector
Collapse
X
-
Hi all,,,Could someone please check this pcb drawing I did,,,I added the Led/1k/ 100nf,,,,Did I put them in the right place? Thanks in advance. Marty
-
Thanks everyone for all the help,,,I'll certainly try all these different ideas to see if I find a solution. Hopefully I'll see a good result soon. Thanks again everyone,,,,I'll let you know how it goes. Marty
Leave a comment:
-
The Real PicKit2 enables the power when used with the MPLAB standalone programmer software. There must be something different with PicKit3 and MPLAB IDE.Originally posted by waltr View PostThe Real PICKit3 I have does NOT power the device to be programmed. I needed to apply power at the correct time during the PICKit3 init process (programmer enable in MPLAB).
Also, if you're programming the PIC on the detector board, it's possible that the PicKit programmer cannot supply enough current. In that case, you need to apply external power.
Leave a comment:
-
The Real PICKit3 I have does NOT power the device to be programmed. I needed to apply power at the correct time during the PICKit3 init process (programmer enable in MPLAB).
Also READ the PIC's Data sheet for ICSP pins and the PICKit3 docs. Then use your Ohmmeter to check for proper continuity between PIC (socket) and ICSP pins. this check that you have the jumpers correct.
Any and ALL programmer devices I have used give me a hard time the time time I use them. It is simply the learning curve as once I got it figured out it always works.
Leave a comment:
-
You don't need to make a pcb to do this, as it should be possible to set the jumpers on your programmer board to achieve the same result. The instructions are on the back of the PCB. If you cannot make sense of the instructions, then simply buzz through the connections from the ICSP connector and find the appropriate jumpers that way. Use F117's wiring list in post #571 as a guide.Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View PostI'll make a little pcb like you did and give it a try.
Also, you don't need to turn on the power from the PIC software GUI, as it automatically applies power during programming.
Leave a comment:
-
Your drawing looks OK to me.
If you are considering to actually make this PCB, you might want to add:
- an LED + 1K resistor between VDD and GND to indicate power supply to the PIC
- a decouping capacitor of 100 nF Cer between VDD and GND
Leave a comment:
-
@F117,,,Could you let me know if this drawing I made is correct or not please?,,thanks in advance. MartyAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks again F117,,,I should be able to follow that,,,,I'll make a little pcb like you did and give it a try,,,but I think I should get a few hours rest first,,I've been awake now for a day and half,,,can't wait to finish the detector and try her out,,,thanks again for all the help and the great detector project. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks. Marty
Leave a comment:
-
With the top 8 pins, I meant pin 1-4 and on the other side 14-11.
To program the chip you need to make these connections:
PICKit3 pin------ PIC16F1824 pin
1 -------------->4 VPP
2 -------------->1 VDD -- there is a setting in the PicKit software saying: power target from Pickit or something like that. This is the PIC16F1824 power supply = 5V
3--------------->14 GND/VSS
4--------------->13 Program data
5 -------------->12 Program clock
6 NC
Make sure the chip gets 5V power supply from the programmer: measure between pin 1 and 14 of the 16F1824.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks F117,,,,I feel really stupid but I don't know what you mean by the top 8 pins? It is the 14 pin pic16f1824 I bought. Is there a pcb/device I could make to place this chip on/in to program it? Or a full diagram that I could follow on how to do it? It's just gone 7.15am here and I've been trying to get this to work for the last 16 hours and have had no luck,,,lol. Sorry for looking stupid,,,thanks again for the help,,,,I'm really looking forward to completing your detector design and think it's great what you've done. Thanks again. Marty
Leave a comment:
-
+ some explanations in the first 5-6 pages of the Pickini4 thread.
I also use a Pickit3, but there are no jumpers.
To program the PIC16F1824, only the top 8 pins are needed, so I keep using the same 8 pin IC socket that I used for smaller 8 pin devices.
I always use MPLAB as an interface to the programmerWhen I used the pickit 3 standalone software
Leave a comment:
-
Hiya 6666, thanks for the reply. I bought a pickit 3 clone kit off ebay. I downloaded mplab 8.92. It took ages for mplab to finally connect to the pickit 3 but then it said it couldn't find the target board,,,when I was setting the voltage to the board it just kept saying not connected to target. When I used the pickit 3 standalone software it kept saying 'Not responding' and sort of crashing after pressing one or 2 buttons, so I had to keep unplugging then starting again. Also I don't know if I've got the chip in the right orientation or in the right slots,,,though I've followed the diagram on the back of the target board I'm still having no success.
Leave a comment:
-
Ok this is difficult by remote controlOriginally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post@6666,,,,Thanks for the explanation,,,I'm still struggling with it,,lol,,,I got a pickit3 clone that came with a programmer seat but for the life of me, I cant figure out the jumpers,,,it says for 8/14/18 and 20 pin chips the jumpers are J1:2/J2,J3,J4,J5,J6,J7:2-3,,,,,,,,I cant work out whether j2,j3,j4,j5,j6 are open or the same as j7, 2-3,,,,I'm lost. And I've tried the chip in several positions and I'm getting nowhere fast,,lol. HELP!!!! Can anyone explain an easy way (Maybe pictorial/Diagram) to do this please?,,,I had less trouble programming my Felezjoo chip, only took 2 minutes,,,lol. Thanks in advance. Marty
not knowing what ICSP (programmer) you have, usually you insert the jumpers for the specified pic
you need to supply a lot more info on your setup to even guess whats wrong,
I bought a cloned pickit 3 it would not work with my bench top PC, but worked fine with my laptop
please explain your setup.
From my rough list of instructions where are you up to ?
Leave a comment:
-
@6666,,,,Thanks for the explanation,,,I'm still struggling with it,,lol,,,I got a pickit3 clone that came with a programmer seat but for the life of me, I cant figure out the jumpers,,,it says for 8/14/18 and 20 pin chips the jumpers are J1:2/J2,J3,J4,J5,J6,J7:2-3,,,,,,,,I cant work out whether j2,j3,j4,j5,j6 are open or the same as j7, 2-3,,,,I'm lost. And I've tried the chip in several positions and I'm getting nowhere fast,,lol. HELP!!!! Can anyone explain an easy way (Maybe pictorial/Diagram) to do this please?,,,I had less trouble programming my Felezjoo chip, only took 2 minutes,,,lol. Thanks in advance. Marty
Leave a comment:
-
I do think like that. Because as it says on the Mirage Detector that the small pulse delay and pulse width values will place us in the gold zone. But the small coil conductivity must also be very influential for it.
I have not tried it yet, I am very interested to immediately assemble this Pickini. Hope you are willing to help me to reach the gold zone.
thank you
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: