Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arionas
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post
    When you look at the schematic: pin 8 and pin 9 are connected. they should both be around 3.7 V.
    My mistake, I measured it again to verify and modified the electronics web page accordingly.

    Please check your layout -- I am assuming you are using your version of the PCB layout instead of the original one I supplied ?

    The coil can be the same as all other pickini versions. The specs you quote should be OK.

    Best regards,
    - Bernard


    This and this and this and this ok .......Mr F117(Thanxs)









    Leave a comment:


  • nick holas
    replied
    houra!!!!!!!! it is alive!!!!!!!!
    it was just one connection between pic pin 8 and 9
    whouaiiiiii super !!!!
    ready for tomorow beach hunting but this time in wet sand (euro ace can t!!!)
    thanks a super lot!!!
    just have to fine finish my coil put all that on my shaft and GO! GO! GO!
    treasure and gold beware i m coming !!!
    send you a foto of finish product
    thanks again

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @ Teleno:
    Obviously yu're in the Netherlands. So am I
    I live in Belgium, but I am a major fan of Zeeland - up to 50 km south of Rotterdam ( HellevoetSluis).
    I love the Dutch coast - as it is still natural compared to the Belgian coast.
    During many holidays at the Zeeland coast I have gathered a complete orange outfit that would turn any Dutch soccer fan jealous .

    I would love to spend more time on developing and exploring detector techniques, but unfortunately ( for this anyway), I have a family and a full time job.
    That is why it took me over a year to develop and ( most of the time ) field test this one, before releasing it here.

    Custom electronics and firmware are my hobbies (next to a 1000 other things if only I had more time...).
    I am always open for new ideas - especially when it comes to metal detecting.

    Beste groeten, - Best regards,
    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Hi Nick ,

    When I look at your PCB layout:

    can you check the connection between pin 8 and pin 9 of the PIC?
    They should be shorted.
    See attached image:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PCB_nick_holas.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	377.3 KB
ID:	346845

    Hope this helps,
    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    pin 8 of pic must be 0v i have moving voltage 2.88-5v every 2s then fix to 5v,pin 9 must be 3.7 i have -100mv!!!!
    When you look at the schematic: pin 8 and pin 9 are connected. they should both be around 3.7 V.
    My mistake, I measured it again to verify and modified the electronics web page accordingly.

    Please check your layout -- I am assuming you are using your version of the PCB layout instead of the original one I supplied ?

    The coil can be the same as all other pickini versions. The specs you quote should be OK.

    Best regards,
    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • nick holas
    replied
    bernard could you tell me if i m right?
    about your pickini v4 coil ,its the same of old pickini versions??
    i made one 230mm 27 turn 235µh 1.2ohms is that good??
    im trying to take mesurements about what you say before!!!
    all voltages seemed to be ok only pin 4 of lm318 is 0v instead of 8v
    pin 8 of pic must be 0v i have moving voltage 2.88-5v every 2s then fix to 5v,pin 9 must be 3.7 i have -100mv!!!!
    by the hell!!!!!!
    many thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @Nick Holas:
    pin 3 of the PIC is the sensitivity input - you can change it with your potmeter between 0-5V

    It's obvious that there is something wrong with the automatic DC adjustment of the opamp.
    When you switch on the detector and measure at pin3 of the opamp, you should see it change every second. Also pin 13 of the PIC = analog output will change gradually.
    When it does not detect a flyback pulse during the adjustment, it will continue until it reaches the positive rail or 0V and then give the coil error sound.

    So, check the circuit around Q3 first. If the DC voltage changes gradually every second, that is fine.

    Next is the coil connection: do you get a flyback pulse every 2 ms at the coil side ?

    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • Teleno
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post
    Apparently, nobody has made it working so far.

    In the mean time, feast your eyes on some typical finds from the seaside dunes.
    At first, I thought I had found a cannonball, but after digging 1m deep, it turned out to be a petanque ball.
    Next: toy car, pull tab, aluminum French WW2 coin, tent peg,... lots of pieces of barbed wire (WW2 remains).





    Have fun,
    - Bernard
    Obviously yu're in the Netherlands. So am I (Den Haag). My "tresure" finds look very much like that. Tent pegs might be worth something.

    Perhaps we could cooperate in some detector designs. I got lots of ideas and little time, could use some help.

    Leave a comment:


  • nick holas
    replied
    thanks for your help
    lm318
    1->9.5
    2->6.8
    3->6.8
    4->0 ???
    5->4.8???
    6->7.4???
    7->1.4

    pic
    1->4.95
    2->2.4
    3->260mv????
    4->5
    5->4.7
    6->0.9
    7->0
    8->5 ?????
    9->30mv????
    10->2.4
    11->0-5v
    12->2.6
    13->1.3
    14->0
    here s my value with 3x18650 pack at 11.25v
    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    This means that after going through a complete calibration procedure of 30s, the flyback pulse is not detected and the coil error sound is what you hear.
    It could be that the DC offset calibration fails ( no idea if the transistor type is so important here...) - or that there is no flyback pulse coming from the opamp output.
    Can you verify the DC values that are mentioned on the web site:
    http://users.telenet.be/willaert/MD/pickini/pickini_en/V4/electronics.html


    Leave a comment:


  • nick holas
    replied
    hi bernard
    how are you?
    i made your detector with smallest pcb and i don t understand why it isnt working
    i ve got the starup sound,the idle sound ,and after 30s (aprox) i have a continuous loud sound.
    i must say i have changed the bc549 by bc547 and pot isn t 4k7 but 10k (my seller haven t it with switch in stock),and i m using 9v battery instead of 3x18650 battery pack,i have tested with 12v and no change at all!
    any idea??
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Apparently, nobody has made it working so far.

    In the mean time, feast your eyes on some typical finds from the seaside dunes.
    At first, I thought I had found a cannonball, but after digging 1m deep, it turned out to be a petanque ball.
    Next: toy car, pull tab, aluminum French WW2 coin, tent peg,... lots of pieces of barbed wire (WW2 remains).





    Have fun,
    - Bernard
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BC547; 10-19-2016, 06:53 PM. Reason: removed link

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    ok who is the first who make this work after Bernard, want to see a video

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    That sounds promising Bernte-Great to hear!! Should do well with my 260uH spiderweb coil too.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    i have tested earlier designs from pickini and they all can get Little Gold with a spiral coil made of litz wire 0,5mm, 2 layers each 20 turns, outer diameter 25cm

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X