Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOLDSCAN 5 SCHEMATIC QUESTION

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alexismex
    replied
    Ok Eclipse , now schematic GS5-1.1pdf is correct in these part (R25 to -5V).......... if all the schematic is good , now ?.... i don't not know.... the problem is where 4001 output is connected because i test it and it did not mute completely the first shoot !!!

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Dave refer to this schematic - it's R25 which was connected to +5V, now it's connected correctly to -5V. 4001 is removed.

    GS5-1.1.pdf

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexismex View Post
    Hello Daverave , in schematic GS5 , i detect an error in my protoboard , see IC2.1 and R25 (1M) you must connect to -5V not to +5V ...just see it and check
    Hi Alexismex....are you refering to the front end schematic ???

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    i think ive found another error on the schematic that was posted on here...if you look at the CD 4001 circuit the output of which go's to D9 then via a resistor to LT 1114...then it should connect to (pin 3) and not to pin 2 as shown in the posted schematic.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    You might have a good point there! I bet connecting R25 to -5V is the proper way, as you have discovered.
    Yes, -5V it should be.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    You might have a good point there! I bet connecting R25 to -5V is the proper way, as you have discovered.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Hello Daverave , in schematic GS5 , i detect an error in my protoboard , see IC2.1 and R25 (1M) you must connect to -5V not to +5V ...just see it and check

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    I should have answered this before, but no, the battery pack is in a belt mounted box like the GS4 used to have. However, the LI-ion battery has a rather bigger capacity, being 15V, 6800 mAh and weighing 1.5lbs (0.68kg).

    Eric.
    Hi Eric...Its an amazing looking machine..electronically is it based on the GS 5 but with much more power ??? i did see some li-ion 3.7v 26650 5500 maH batteries on the internet which 4x those would be much lighter but i guess being belt mounted is not much of an issue with overall weight.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by daverave View Post
    Hi Eric..i like the way you attached the heat sink to the bottom of the die cast box...are the batteries fitted internally ??? i like the design very much.
    I should have answered this before, but no, the battery pack is in a belt mounted box like the GS4 used to have. However, the LI-ion battery has a rather bigger capacity, being 15V, 6800 mAh and weighing 1.5lbs (0.68kg).

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I think what eclipse is simply saying is that a complete set of build instructions is not available for the GS5, as no-one has invested their time and money is producing a working clone. We often get members who request that projects are handed to them on a plate, hence the comment: "Do you want coffee with that?". People will only produce fully documented working projects if they have an interest in it themselves. For example, the MiniPulse Plus was produced because I personally bought a non-working MiniPulse on eBay, and back-engineered the design before developing it further. This cost me both time and money, and I did not make even one penny from the project. Likewise with the Baracuda. Due to several members having some severe problems with the original design, I decided to take a look and managed to locate a catalogue of design errors. This resulted in the Geotech Baracuda REV-A, from which I also did not receive even one penny.
    So don't be surprised if you receive a negative response when you ask for the "whole circuit (PCB) with all the modifications and maximum performance".

    If there is sufficient interest in developing a GS5 clone, then no doubt someone will take on the challenge. But I wouldn't hold your breath, as the Surf-PI is a popular project that also does not have a complete set of build instructions, despite members every now and then expressing an interest in creating one.
    That's right !

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by gaby_sult View Post
    Frankly, I'm sick of people coming to such responses, I dont lack of money and I have 30 years experience behind.
    I thought this forum shared the experience not arrogant.
    Now I understand on Ivconik.
    Anyway, thank you for your prompt response, a good day.
    I think what eclipse is simply saying is that a complete set of build instructions is not available for the GS5, as no-one has invested their time and money is producing a working clone. We often get members who request that projects are handed to them on a plate, hence the comment: "Do you want coffee with that?". People will only produce fully documented working projects if they have an interest in it themselves. For example, the MiniPulse Plus was produced because I personally bought a non-working MiniPulse on eBay, and back-engineered the design before developing it further. This cost me both time and money, and I did not make even one penny from the project. Likewise with the Baracuda. Due to several members having some severe problems with the original design, I decided to take a look and managed to locate a catalogue of design errors. This resulted in the Geotech Baracuda REV-A, from which I also did not receive even one penny.
    So don't be surprised if you receive a negative response when you ask for the "whole circuit (PCB) with all the modifications and maximum performance".

    If there is sufficient interest in developing a GS5 clone, then no doubt someone will take on the challenge. But I wouldn't hold your breath, as the Surf-PI is a popular project that also does not have a complete set of build instructions, despite members every now and then expressing an interest in creating one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Talk when Ivconic . A very big loss for the forumall would is served on a tray !

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by gaby_sult View Post
    Regards, is anyone able to post the whole circuit (PCB) with all the modifications and maximum performance?
    Eric wasted HD with whole info. if you are able with your perfect English to get any files - gerber, pics of board, sketches - from him
    i will be greatley appreciated your forum's job (home work) just i am able to reestablish the board.
    my speciality on high school (university) is a constructor-technologist of computer hardware.

    Leave a comment:


  • gaby_sult
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Do you want a coffee with that? it is obvious that only interested people in investing time and money will be able to MAYBE get it working to certain point. Dont expect full working PCB with a step by step instructions and modification for maximum performance..., as these will probably never become avaialble.

    Thank you Eric for the info on that 4001.
    Frankly, I'm sick of people coming to such responses, I dont lack of money and I have 30 years experience behind.
    I thought this forum shared the experience not arrogant.
    Now I understand on Ivconik.
    Anyway, thank you for your prompt response, a good day.

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Thats good to hear, what opamp did you use ?
    Hi 6666....i used the NE 5534 and the AD 8055...and seems to work ok....as i progress with the GS 5 project i will post my findings and hopefully we can all get a GS 5 working...i feel eric's GS 5 design is the best pulse detector and the most exciting to try and build.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X