Originally posted by ionut_mtb
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
GOLDSCAN 5 SCHEMATIC QUESTION
Collapse
X
-
im not sure how the disc works on the gs 5 but i know its something to do with the ground cancelling circuit.
-
Can someone explain me how discrimination is working on this detector? Is ferrous/non ferrous or low conductive/ high conductive target.
Leave a comment:
-
that youtube video is really nice how he has modified the gs 4 with gs 5 audio....i love the gs 5 audio and hope one day i can do that in the future.Originally posted by Orbit View Post[ATTACH]40017[/ATTACH]
4001 the signal that the signal is not wide, that she does not respond when the object passes ! To get a clear difference Between two tonnes !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV-3yKez6YY
vco 555 pin 5 !

Leave a comment:
-
thanks Orbit for that linkOriginally posted by Orbit View Post[ATTACH]40017[/ATTACH]
4001 the signal that the signal is not wide, that she does not respond when the object passes ! To get a clear difference Between two tonnes !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV-3yKez6YY
vco 555 pin 5 !

Leave a comment:
-
Hi Carl...Unfortunately i cannot do programming....many years ago i did try and learn pic programming but it got too heavy for my mind and i gave up...as you say a simple 555 vco will do the trick for now...i like a challenge and the gs 5 will be a good project.Originally posted by Carl-NC View PostDave, do you work with micros? The GS5 used a 555 + discrete logic clocking whereas the TDI used a micro which makes all the clocking and frequency control easier. The code I wrote for the PI3 in ITMD is probably not far from what is needed to replicate this function.
The GS5 and original TDI used an AD654 V-to-F chip to create the hi-lo tones through separate amp paths. In the TDI-SL I replaced the pricey '654 with a simple 555 that exactly replicated the tones. It would take me a lot of thinking to re-figure out how I did that, my suggestion instead is to slap on a simple 555 VCO just to get the thing to run. You can make something better later.
Leave a comment:
-
4001 the signal that the signal is not wide, that she does not respond when the object passes ! To get a clear difference Between two tonnes !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV-3yKez6YY
vco 555 pin 5 !

Leave a comment:
-
Dave, do you work with micros? The GS5 used a 555 + discrete logic clocking whereas the TDI used a micro which makes all the clocking and frequency control easier. The code I wrote for the PI3 in ITMD is probably not far from what is needed to replicate this function.
The GS5 and original TDI used an AD654 V-to-F chip to create the hi-lo tones through separate amp paths. In the TDI-SL I replaced the pricey '654 with a simple 555 that exactly replicated the tones. It would take me a lot of thinking to re-figure out how I did that, my suggestion instead is to slap on a simple 555 VCO just to get the thing to run. You can make something better later.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
I went down the GS5 path a few years ago , but abandoned it due to unproven or unconfirmable information .
What are your design expectations for this detector ?.
Carl has made you a great offer, if you can get your signal past the documented GS5 preamp you could be on a winner,
Leave a comment:
-
It was 2014 but someone here claims to have the schematics
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Koala...shame people tried to build gs 5 and abandoned it...i personally think even though ive never tried a gs 5 or tdi from what ive seen on youtube video's eric's gs 5/tdi is the best pulse detector ever designed !!!Originally posted by Koala View PostCould have sworn I had seen a GoldScan V project somewhere. Had a good search. Seems like they all have it problems and been abandoned.
Leave a comment:
-
I might be getting confused with all these GoldScan versions
There appears to be a working version 6 project somewhere with discrimination.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Eclipse...thanks for the pdf of the ground/disc circuit...i see the 4001 on there and i still think its a delay on switch on to stop any blair from the audio...i think the ground adjustment maybe a little tedious to set up...will the 4046 circuit you found give the high & low tones ?
Leave a comment:
-
I've been digging around the forum lately, I've been collecting info on the GS4 which I'm waiting the board to arrive (really ugly design for testing purposes), probably later this week.
Meanwhile I saved all info found on the GS5 and I can say for sure there are no complete project files for it. The only thing available is the one posted on the 1st page by me - seems like Turkish guys did some job over it.
Again:
TX/PREAMP/PSU/Integrator parts are not important at all. You can make your own style.
Timing: original pulse timings are important. I did compare the 2: GS4/GS5 and the integrator sections seem to be 1:1 in terms of connections and parts. ONLY few values are changes, which leads me believe the drawing from the PDF files ifrom the Turkish folsk will be in working condition.
Integrator in GS5 is similar to the one made by folks here in on the forum with codename "GS VI - aka Serbian Goldscan"
Audio... there are few good designs for suitable audio here on the forum (not the 555 type but with 4046) - so this part of the circuit also is not important.
What intriguing is the part after the integrators and the audio stage. Here is a drawing:
I don't believe in claims of people having the schematic, or made a complete copy of it. People tend to make false claims on their "inventions" to compensate for something else.
GS.pdf
Leave a comment:
-
Could have sworn I had seen a GoldScan V project somewhere. Had a good search. Seems like they all have it problems and been abandoned.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: