Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine a group of P.I detectors that create zero interference to each other.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Imagine a group of P.I detectors that create zero interference to each other.

    This is patented world wide, only used on prototype units so far, works perfectly.

    The present application relates to the field of metal detectors, which may find military, industrial and civilian application. In one form, the present application relates to a method and apparatus for a metal detection system in which a first component is synchronized with a second component. The metal detection system is adapted for use in diminishing interference between two or more metal detectors operating in close proximity. In one form, the metal detection system is adapted for use in a ground loop metal detection system that allows for the detection of metal or metallic objects at greater depths than currently available with standard pulse induction or induction type metal detecting equipment.

  • #2
    Non interfering detectors might be useful in a minefield ... but speaking on personal experience I dont want my detecting buddy that close to me on a nugget patch.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by moodz View Post
      Non interfering detectors might be useful in a minefield ... but speaking on personal experience I dont want my detecting buddy that close to me on a nugget patch.
      ever go out with a detecting club?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by detectormods View Post
        ever go out with a detecting club?
        Yes I am in a club ... but we only have one member ( me ).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by moodz View Post

          Yes I am in a club ... but we only have one member ( me ).
          In my country, the cheapest offer (tariff) from the companies for mobile connection (cell phones) is: "talking to yourself for 0 cents per minute" - completely free calls with your club members! – I also use this offer...

          Comment


          • #6
            This looks like time division multiplexing, but applied to metal detector pulses. It would require the pulse induction detectors to reduce their overall duty cycle in proportion to the number of detectors present in the area, so it's not like it would be without cost.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Oscillllator View Post
              This looks like time division multiplexing, but applied to metal detector pulses. It would require the pulse induction detectors to reduce their overall duty cycle in proportion to the number of detectors present in the area, so it's not like it would be without cost.
              No complex multiplexing. It has a single large tx coil spread out on the ground. Then you can have multiple rx only detectors working within the loop. Each receiver is synchronized to the master tx pulse. I remember Eric Foster demonstrated this idea in the 1980's or 90's?

              Comment

              Working...
              X