Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help to design a PCB for my PI design!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • J_Player
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi
    In reality there can be a problem with schematics that don't have tie-dots.
    Problem solved:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    I suppose you have never heard of the standard where no connections are made where wires cross. Remember that no connections are made where wires cross and you don't have to worry "did he forget and leave a connection dot out". Dots are superflous when all connections are at "T" intersections rather than crosses.

    Sorry this standard does not meet with your approval, but I did not invent it. It makes perfect sense to me.
    In reality there can be a problem with schematics that don't have tie-dots.
    I've seen the situation more than once where two right-angled tracks are touching at the corners. To the naked eye this looks like a crossover point.
    It is always safest to use tie-dots, and never to use 4-way crossovers.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    <snip>... no big deal but adds difficulty.<snip>
    What's hard? Just follow a wire until it ends. Sure, it takes getting used to but it's not difficult. I know I'm in the minority here and I won't waste any more time swimming upstream. If this were someone's commercial project and they wanted dots I would say "No Way Dude" (just kidding). I would say "fine (jerk)". (I'm such a kidder.)

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Schematic fits on 8-1/2 X 11. Eagle's schematics are normally butt-ugly. I modify 99.9% of all the symbols I use, and I don't like junction dots
    cluttering up a drawing. I think it looks better that way.
    I won´t throw any standart in your face , but i hate the no-dots schematics.
    at every intersection one must check if it is a T or not, of course no big deal but adds difficulty.
    On the other hand dot don´t bother me .
    Just my personal idea, nothing else

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by Götz von Berlichingen View Post
    No Junction Dots ? This Schematic is very hard to read.
    Drawing Schematics is not Art, its strictly technical.
    There are Standards for this. Better use them.
    I suppose you have never heard of the standard where no connections are made where wires cross. Remember that no connections are made where wires cross and you don't have to worry "did he forget and leave a connection dot out". Dots are superflous when all connections are at "T" intersections rather than crosses.

    Sorry this standard does not meet with your approval, but I did not invent it. It makes perfect sense to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Götz von Berlichingen
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Schematic fits on 8-1/2 X 11. Eagle's schematics are normally butt-ugly. I modify 99.9% of all the symbols I use, and I don't like junction dots
    cluttering up a drawing. I think it looks better that way.

    Time to go work some more on "Elderadoo" PCB (argh).
    No Junction Dots ? This Schematic is very hard to read.
    Drawing Schematics is not Art, its strictly technical.
    There are Standards for this. Better use them.

    Leave a comment:


  • barry
    replied
    Work in progress.

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Hi ,
    what about simulation of this schemetic. does it work ? what is the possible earliest sampling time after Tx-off order of micro's related pin.
    Does it have chance of early sampling for discrimination experiments.?


    and question to 1843 ,
    what about big coil performance , do you have big coils like 8" or 18" diameter.

    can you compare it with delta pulse.?

    regards
    Okantex

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Eagle schematic

    Schematic fits on 8-1/2 X 11. Eagle's schematics are normally butt-ugly. I modify 99.9% of all the symbols I use, and I don't like junction dots
    cluttering up a drawing. I think it looks better that way.

    Time to go work some more on "Elderadoo" PCB (argh).
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by 1843 View Post
    The PCB is for all, not me!
    When you buy a kit (eg PD3200 or Goldpic), do they give you source code?
    That's fine, it's your project so you should do with it what you want. All I'm saying is, you may have trouble getting someone to do a layout for you if the project is not completely open.

    Why don't you lay it out yourself? It's a simple circuit, and there are many options available.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    You don't want help designing a board, you want someone to design the board for you. It would probably help if you gave a list of preferred footprints or lead spacings you desire. We can probably guess that your opamp would be a dip-8, but what about your crystal? Capacitors lead spacings (note the plural)? Would 100 mil be OK for your ribbon cable, or 50mil, or what?

    Are those TO-220 regulators, or TO-92? What is the trimpot(s) footprint?

    This would be simple to do in Cadsoft Eagle, and would probably even fit the freeware version's 3-1/2" X 4-1/4" allowance.

    What would someone get in return for turning out a PCB pattern to your satisfaction?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    You may be asking a lot, for someone to design you a PCB but not willing to share your code.
    The PCB is for all, not me!
    When you buy a kit (eg PD3200 or Goldpic), do they give you source code?

    In my opinion, people need source code for PI's like Clone-PI or Miner to play with it, maybe...

    Best regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    You may be asking a lot, for someone to design you a PCB but not willing to share your code.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by erolunall View Post
    Hello

    Dear 1843

    Will you give source code for Amtel ?
    How can people use your good designed PI?

    Best Wishes
    Erol
    Hi,

    First of all for using my PI, you don't need the source code... only .Hex file...
    Secondly there's no PCB layout to build this PI at the moment. We have to wait until someone design that.

    Best regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    Hello

    Dear 1843

    Will you give source code for Amtel ?
    How can people use your good designed PI?

    Best Wishes
    Erol

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X