Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help to design a PCB for my PI design!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    I agree with Sean for use of assembly.
    Though a little tough, assembly gives you the control and flexibility. And, a large amount of libraries are available for AVRs, on the web to reduce your burden.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Now the next step is to program an ATmega8 for this PI!

    Leave a comment:


  • Götz von Berlichingen
    replied
    Originally posted by okantex View Post
    Hi 1843 ,
    excuse me for late reply .

    "The ATmega8 has Hardware Timers, I guess these can be used here. The ATmega8 has Hardware Timers, I guess these can be used here. "

    I see it has timers ,but does not it own just one S&H cap inside it's ADC ?
    so ??
    think that you got first sample , you have to wait till ADC converts it to numbers.do you know the signal before measuring ?answer is no ,so you do not know how much will it take for measuring for inner ADC. so how can you get second sample in precision timing.
    lets say you got first sample at 10us ,can you say you can get second at 30th us.
    I think exact ADC timing can be done like this :
    start timer (this should be preset to maximum ADC conversion time)
    start adc
    poll adc until done
    poll timer until done

    Like this, the ADC will always take the same time... or not ?
    Of course this could be done with interrupts, too, but this will add some overhead and make things a bit complicated.

    If the maximum ADC conversion time is too long for a good PI...
    then you will need an external ADC IC or a different Microcontroller or a few S&H Circuits.

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Hi 1843 ,
    excuse me for late reply .

    "The ATmega8 has Hardware Timers, I guess these can be used here. The ATmega8 has Hardware Timers, I guess these can be used here. "

    I see it has timers ,but does not it own just one S&H cap inside it's ADC ?
    so ??
    think that you got first sample , you have to wait till ADC converts it to numbers.do you know the signal before measuring ?answer is no ,so you do not know how much will it take for measuring for inner ADC. so how can you get second sample in precision timing.
    lets say you got first sample at 10us ,can you say you can get second at 30th us.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by hung View Post
    Yes, and guess what? He's Brazilian!
    Land of brilliant minds.
    Any doubt Brazil will lead the world after US and Europe almost broke it financially?

    By the way Max, welcome back to GEOSKEPTHIC forums. I missed your Irish Whiskey!
    Any findings with the PD yet?
    Best regards.
    Hi,
    the PD ? No... I'm not going for treasures these days... also it's still very cold here , not good for real hunting.

    My PD is in a pvc box at now... I had to make new experiments with it but now I don't know when I could resume it to service!

    I'm doing bad... no lab, no mess of wires around... no piles of burnt ics

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    "....Hung(er) is new world problem..." !!!!
    Do i see some secret meaning in this or it is just coincidence!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    If it was according to my wishes and dreams; than every people on this planet should be rich enough and to live very good, without any type of crise. But it is not always as we dream and want. So i would like to se your country grows and prospect much, same as my. But rude reallity does not aprove that. Incoming economic crise will affect everybody on this planet. Rich (financial) will suffer less and poor will suffer more. It was always like that.
    So Brasil as very poor (financial) country will suffer much. Pitty again, but it will. Hunger is new world problem. Niobium you can not eat. Niobium depostits mean nothing to ordinary people in Brasil. USA can always stop importing niobium from Brasil, if not from other reasons than just in political and strategic reasons. To stop not for ever, but just for year or two. So what you gonna do than? Eat niobium? Ha,ha,ha! I am ignorant, i admit. But your naive ignorancy is poetic!
    Shut up and do what you usually doing (lrl and blah,blah stuff) and dont loudmouth to much, otherwise your stupid appearances may attract some attention to USA and you may give them some more wird ideas!!! Ha,ha,ha!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • hung
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    hung-mung-fung-chung your posts are so funny! brasil is very poor country. pitty and sorry, but you will suffer from economic crise more and harder than many countries in eu. so dont fool yourself, brasil will never become leading country, except maybe in soccer and carnivals. you said author is brasilian...so what? every countr and every nation do have brilliant minds and good people - thank God to that. aitn not generally bad country or bad nation or good country and good nation. every nation has bad and good examples for everything. you are so funny..ha,ha,ha! lrl does not work anymore? so you are looking to harass on some other subject here? ha,ha,ha!
    Dear Unregistered,

    It was not my intention to go off topic here or mess with this thread. I just stoped by to greet Max and welcome him back. But given your terrifying ignorance about some subjects which in fact might be contagious to people who read your 'words', I feel I need to repel it and avoid your ignorance be spread.

    First your ignorance on economics is clear. I will not explain to you the LM and IS graphic curves of macroeconomics which I'm positive would be too much for your 2 neurons, but I just suggest you to read any good economics journal and you will see that all economics experts know that Brazil is not much affected and will hardly be, due to our current macrostate. In fact yesterday, our government released the news of retaking positive results of industry according IPEA.

    Yes, we have many problems. But Brazil is a rich country. Much richer in natural resources than any country in the world. Just see the amount of niobium that we export to US for instance so they use it in their space program.

    Yes Brazil will lead the world soon. Only this 'soon' is not clear yet when it's gonna be. Maybe you and I will not be here to see it. But with the present state of US and Europe, it might come ealier than thought.

    Regarding LRLs yes, they are finer each day. Only with the present state of ignorance you present about the subjects above, it will take eons until you build a working one.

    Good luck, best regards to you and family and I suggest you don't skip classes to much. No good for your education.
    Bye and let's leave the folks here resume their thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    hung-mung-fung-chung your posts are so funny! brasil is very poor country. pitty and sorry, but you will suffer from economic crise more and harder than many countries in eu. so dont fool yourself, brasil will never become leading country, except maybe in soccer and carnivals. you said author is brasilian...so what? every countr and every nation do have brilliant minds and good people - thank God to that. aitn not generally bad country or bad nation or good country and good nation. every nation has bad and good examples for everything. you are so funny..ha,ha,ha! lrl does not work anymore? so you are looking to harass on some other subject here? ha,ha,ha!

    Leave a comment:


  • hung
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Yes, and guess what? He's Brazilian!
    Land of brilliant minds.
    Any doubt Brazil will lead the world after US and Europe almost broke it financially?

    By the way Max, welcome back to GEOSKEPTHIC forums. I missed your Irish Whiskey!
    Any findings with the PD yet?
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Hi 1843,

    it is quite surprizing, that you can achieve such a sensitivity with the internal 10-bit ADC resolution of the ATmega8.

    Aziz
    Yes! that's why I decided to share it with people. I'm very interested to see how much depth it will go with the new schematic.

    Best regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    avr programmers....

    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    1843 was not banned. Carl was adding a spammer's address to the blocked list, but he accidentally added a wild card in the wrong place ... and banned everybody.

    You obviously missed Carl's humble apology that was present at the top of the forums yesterday. It has since been removed.

    The forums are now back in operation.
    Hi,
    was very wild wildcard then...

    uhm... coming back to the topic here... I think, like in the clone-pi case, that the atmega8 is still actractive to be employed in a PI detector.

    I think there's enough for timing and a bit of computation in it... to do something useful.

    Also, for people who don't know (cause I'm sure Qiaozhi knows all that stuff) the ATMEL's are really dirty/cheap to program, both in Windows OS or others (like unix/linux/bsd/mac os etc etc) the reasons are many, but mostly that often a simple parallel cable is enough to do everything. But I will say ... you could use also a serial port, an USB and even a wifi device (possibly even an old toaster) to burn any avr!

    For people who knows little about here's a link that can explain... most of troubles and very easy and cheap solutions. BTW Atmel's are also very easy to in-circuit program with same stuff described... a cable! and a PC! that's everything you need.

    Look here to have an idea of what you may need to program it... :


    As you can see that's not much.... a couple of connectors, some 1K resistors or less, some wires... that's everything you need to burn code in any atmega8 (and other avr chips too).

    That's all... find avrdude software (version right for your OS) and burn your chips for a bunch of free.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    re:sisco

    Max , your idea about timing , I want first make new device for test your

    idea but think and decide first test this timing on my minipuls.

    so erase minipuls ATMEGA8 and programmed by new program (1KHz ,100us

    PW ,15us , 45us first delay , 200us interdelay and 45us second delay) and

    test , what you think ?

    YES this work and I can detect GOLD with this timing.

    this is my programm writed on ATMEAG8.

    evrey step =3.75us for example A = 27 mean this time is 101.25 us (IN THIS TIME MOS-FET IS ON)

    $regfile = "m8def.dat"
    $crystal = 8000000
    Config Timer1 = Timer , Prescale = 1
    Stop Timer1
    Config Portb = Output
    Config Portd = Output
    Portb.1 = 0
    Portd.6 = 0
    Portd.7 = 0
    Dim A As Word

    Startline1:
    Start Timer1
    A = 0
    Portb.1 = 1
    Do
    A = A + 1
    Loop Until A = 27
    Portb.1 = 0
    A = 0
    Do
    A = A + 1
    Loop Until A = 4
    A = 0
    Portd.6 = 1
    Do
    A = A + 1
    Loop Until A = 12
    A = 0
    Portd.6 = 0
    Do
    A = A + 1
    Loop Until A = 53
    A = 0
    Portd.7 = 1
    Do
    A = A + 1
    Loop Until A = 12
    A = 0
    Portd.7 = 0
    Do
    A = A + 1
    Loop Until A = 158
    Stop Timer1
    Goto Startline1


    TIMING:
    Frequncy = 1001.5 Hz
    PW(ON PULSE) = 101.25us
    delay= 15us
    first delay = 45us
    interdelay = 198.75us
    second delay = 45us
    OFF PULSE = 592.5us

    FOR 1000HZ:ON Pulse is 100us so OFF pulse must 900us calculate = (15us+45us+198.75us+45us)-900us =~595us
    by sisco
    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    help me

    sisco help me...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by zenit52 View Post
    Hi 1843,

    Please help us,
    Your MD produce pulses with atmega8 timers or another ways?
    what is your MD pulses frequency and pulse width ????
    I am waiting for your answer...
    with best regards.
    zenit52
    Sorry for late...
    See here
    The codes are written in BASIC by our friend SISCO. I recommend you first write simple codes...

    About PI-111:
    PW: 60us and 240us
    Freq: 1KHz

    I can't visit the forum very often... I have a lot to do.

    Regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X