If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Ha,ha,ha...what makes you think that way? I am not using autoroute at all. All was routed manually. Of course always can be better and better. Except Atmel issue here i dont see other problems, reffering signal paths.
Repost the PCB again, I'm showing you a list of obvious errors!
A few errors I remember are:
1. The first opamp was in non-inverting configuration, while the second(TL071 in your case) was in inverting...
2. I didn't see any FB resistor for the second opamp!
3. The battery connector only supplied the 7660 chip!
I happy to have a shot at design of PCB. Will start on it tonight. If I get good progress I will post up progress and hopefully some input from someone who knows RF design better than me.
You seem don't have any experience in designing PCB... Have you used autoroute?
Please see the Minediver-1 from pulsedetektor.de... it has an ATmega8...
Because of using classic offset adjustment, any opamps can be tested and used.
NE5532 is better than TL072.
Best regards,
1843
Ha,ha,ha...what makes you think that way? I am not using autoroute at all. All was routed manually. Of course always can be better and better. Except Atmel issue here i dont see other problems, reffering signal paths. All the major "hot spots" are solved pretty descently. Personally i would like to hear more detailed remarks. Keep on mind that i limited this previously, saying it will be single layer, through hole and with conventional components... Minediver...yes i will check that. BTW those project from there are not some reference for to be taken seriously... Neither one from there worth minute of our attention here. Take my words or think whatever you want...same to me. But hey, never mind... you keep asking post by post someone to draw pcb so i wanted just to start this from point zero. Better to have some start than nothing? Or maybe is better to continue asking for pcb next 120 pages here? What was with code for that Atmel? I dont see it? Never mind...forget...act like i never posted anything here. Would be good admin to delete my previous posts... Sheeeshhh...
A few months ago, I was working on a very similar design using a Microchip dsPIC30 series microcontroller. I could not achieve much sensitivity when sampling right after the preamp stage, as you are also doing in your design.
I am curious about the algorithm that you are using in your program. Can you please explain your algorithm?
Waiting You and Carl to decide which one of opamps is best i decided to put both; NE5534 and TL071....booooahahahahahahaaaa!
Ivconic,
You seem don't have any experience in designing PCB... Have you used autoroute?
Please see the Minediver-1 from pulsedetektor.de... it has an ATmega8...
Because of using classic offset adjustment, any opamps can be tested and used.
NE5532 is better than TL072.
Second tought; did i used right dip there? It is pdip or what? Just listed first page of this topic and saw photo .... not pdip there!?
Shame... however, small piggy can be put over main pcb with narrowed clearence if needed....on Atmel place...
Never worked with Atmels so far...that's why am i confused...
A few months ago, I was working on a very similar design using a Microchip dsPIC30 series microcontroller. I could not achieve much sensitivity when sampling right after the preamp stage, as you are also doing in your design.
I am curious about the algorithm that you are using in your program. Can you please explain your algorithm?
I had tried various sampling routines, and was using a moving average routine to simulate the integrator that is found in an analog PI. I could not get the results that I desired, and had to put the project on the back burner for a while.
Perhaps you have an algorithm that will do the trick?
For those interested here is empty shape of that pcb...I suggest a sort of competition here...let's use this shape and draw pcb's.. Later we can vote for the best..
Would it be TL072 or NE5532 finally!? Please establish final schematic and i will be glad to try to draw pcb for it. I have limited possibilities; single sided, through hole pcb, if suits your demands. Dimensions... i would try to respect dimesnions of some standard enclosure. First came to my mind is already done; shape and dimensions for enlosure simillar to Fisher1265 enclosure. For me best so far. So...post final schematic and we can start drawing. Oh one more thing...i can programm any PIC but can not Atmel, dont have programmer and dont have any experience with Atmels... Cheers!
Hi 1843,
one of my technicians tells me that your design seems rather good but he likes Carl's additions too. Are you going to implement all of his suggestions?
If so, an update of your schematic should be posted.
Hi Dwt,
Glad to see a nice person wants to design a PCB!
I am uploading the modified schematic in a week.
I'm going to use a 2-stage preamp with classic offset adjustment.
The FB diode and 7660's sync cannot be used as I tested them currently.
Leave a comment: