Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golfnut
    replied
    Remember to swap your R18 and R22 around - as typo on the silk screen.

    Use details to improve depth as in the link

    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.


    PCB and Schematic were ok - just typo on the silk screen..

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Scary question isnt it.

    If your PI isnt doing depth... take a look at your battery choice.


    You need cells that laugh at delivering approx 6AMP pulses.

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    All. What current flows thru PI coil when FET is on?



    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • Comp
    replied
    OK Guys, back online, (skipped the wireless router, and direct cabled to the broadband modem...) Plumped for the Surf PI kit from Silverdog, so will go read al the fab info on the forum....
    When you find me asking daft, newbie questions over the next few weeks, throw me a crumb or two!!!

    Cheers, Fred

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Silerdog site works ok for me on my super crappy vodaphone broadband service

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Comp View Post
    ???

    ???? Something silly here,.. shut down, still cant access,.. but found a (weak) unsecured wireless access point and got through OK??!!?? not sure if I should,, but will go ' surf ' his site?? {Oh, to be a knowledgabe geek!!}

    Cheers, Fred
    Sounds like it's a problem with your router.

    Leave a comment:


  • Comp
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    It's still ok for me on both Firefox and IE.
    See if you can make contact with the server via an MSDOS window (Start -> Run -> Cmd) and type "ping www.silverdog.co.uk".
    If not, try rebooting your router.
    ???

    ???? Something silly here,.. shut down, still cant access,.. but found a (weak) unsecured wireless access point and got through OK??!!?? not sure if I should,, but will go ' surf ' his site?? {Oh, to be a knowledgabe geek!!}

    Cheers, Fred

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Comp View Post
    ????? I have a " server not found " from Firefox, and I.E. so not too sure what is happening,... will try again tomorrow,...... {the gold I am targeting has been there for 240 years, dont suppose someone else will find it next week.. LOL!!}

    Cheers, Fred
    It's still ok for me on both Firefox and IE.
    See if you can make contact with the server via an MSDOS window (Start -> Run -> Cmd) and type "ping www.silverdog.co.uk".
    If not, try rebooting your router.

    Leave a comment:


  • Comp
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Website seems to be ok. There's no need to source the parts yourself, as there's already a kit available -> http://www.silverdog.co.uk/shop/inde...&product_id=76
    A mono coil for a PI is one of the simplest to build. I suggest you read the Hammerhead article for additional information of how a PI works, and especially the part on coil building.
    http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...head/index.dat


    ????? I have a " server not found " from Firefox, and I.E. so not too sure what is happening,... will try again tomorrow,...... {the gold I am targeting has been there for 240 years, dont suppose someone else will find it next week.. LOL!!}

    Cheers, Fred

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Comp View Post
    Hiya Guys, reading this thread/forum with interest,.... my name is Fred, in Mansfield, Notts, England,... I have dabbled with electronics for a while, but not metal detecting,... I have decided to have a go at a P.I. unit,.. & this one looks as well supported, and buildable as any!!!

    Anyway, I will read a little more,.. try to get my head round the circuit diagram,,, and, as my first daft, newbie question, it appears to me that a lot of the ability of this finished product is down to the search coil, yes/no???

    Ok, catch you later, as I try to source the parts!! LOL.

    Cheers, Fred

    (P.S. tried to contact Silverdog via website, but get "server Down" message,... so sent a P.M., carrier pigeon next!! LOL )
    Website seems to be ok. There's no need to source the parts yourself, as there's already a kit available -> http://www.silverdog.co.uk/shop/inde...&product_id=76
    A mono coil for a PI is one of the simplest to build. I suggest you read the Hammerhead article for additional information of how a PI works, and especially the part on coil building.

    Leave a comment:


  • Comp
    replied
    Hiya Guys, reading this thread/forum with interest,.... my name is Fred, in Mansfield, Notts, England,... I have dabbled with electronics for a while, but not metal detecting,... I have decided to have a go at a P.I. unit,.. & this one looks as well supported, and buildable as any!!!

    Anyway, I will read a little more,.. try to get my head round the circuit diagram,,, and, as my first daft, newbie question, it appears to me that a lot of the ability of this finished product is down to the search coil, yes/no???

    Ok, catch you later, as I try to source the parts!! LOL.

    Cheers, Fred

    (P.S. tried to contact Silverdog via website, but get "server Down" message,... so sent a P.M., carrier pigeon next!! LOL )

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    I don't own the domain silverdog.com, it was already taken - I just own silverdog.co.uk
    OK .. that's explains it then.
    I've sent you a PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    I don't own the domain silverdog.com, it was already taken - I just own silverdog.co.uk

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by nasios View Post
    Hi Silverdogi try to send you a PM but i dont know why dont work
    please i like to order pcb surfmaster please send me a email in [email protected]
    thank you
    Just go to Silverdog's website at http://www.silverdog.co.uk and you can order the PCB directly from there.

    Silverdog ... by the way, I accidently entered www.silverdog.com, and it does not redirect to www.silverdog.co.uk. All you get is a title saying "Welcome to Silverdog.com".

    Leave a comment:


  • nasios
    replied
    Hi Silverdogi try to send you a PM but i dont know why dont work
    please i like to order pcb surfmaster please send me a email in [email protected]
    thank you

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X