Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signal synthesis for simple PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • pito
    replied
    Has anyone built this machine?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean_Goddard
    replied
    That is why I ALWAYS ask the seller to write "WARRANTY RETURN REPAIR" on the box. KABOOM!! No "duty" or "taxes" (state theft) to pay as they think it is coming BACK to you from being repaired. I have done this MANY times in the uk to stop the criminals stealing money from me.

    I built a sloping shelf ABOVE the bench which mine sits on, that way my bench is empty apart from the PSU and soldering iron.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I almost got a job at HP, actually at "daughter" company here, 60km away from my home, back in 1990.
    But than unfortunate occurrences happened... whole state took a part. HP left. I got no job.
    ...
    I know the quality of those oldtimers. I agree.
    It is the gabarite that worries me. I search for more compact one.
    There is not enough space on workbench. I am struggling even now. Too many tools, too few space.
    Next bad thing is importing (exporting too) taxes. Just as it is tough to send things abroad; the same is to receive things from abroad.
    Constant problem.
    Luckily; such equipment can be obtained here in local.
    Skim search on local advertisements:


    Leave a comment:


  • Sean_Goddard
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    What i really need; is to stop being so cheap, open up and buy decent digital oscilloscope, once for all!
    Otherwise i will continue to chase a goose in a fog for good!

    Get yourself one of these puppies https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...4520A&_sacat=0



    I paid £5000 for mine over 14 years ago and it's STILL the best piece of kit I have EVER owned. It will capture 1ns glitches!!

    The one that powers up but display doesn't work is, I GUARANTEE the lithium backup battery which has died. Mine went and wouldn't do anything. I sat and cried (REALLY) then I searched the web and found a few people who had fixed the problem so I modified mine to have an external battery holder with easy replacement (the original is soldered to the main PCB UNDER the monitor block). Mine has been OK ever since. You will have to run a self cal on it unless you want to fork out for a REAL NAMAS calibration. The self cal will make it usable but all the attenuation values are all over the place.

    £500 to get it fully certified calibrated by Agilent, Keysight, HP whoever....

    Just googled this and TOLD YOU!!!



    If you DO buy it then a FULL PSU and PCB recap would be advised, as will changing the mains inlet filter on the back (they have a tendency to BLOW UP, very loudly and scare the holy sh1t out of everything in a 1/2 mile radius) these have also been known to eject pieces at high velocity around the inside of the scope which destroy other parts of the scope ESPECIALLY the ECL ADC's which are no longer available. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

    For the money, you will NOT get better (it's HP fergodsake) and 500MHz. What's NOT to like?
    Last edited by Sean_Goddard; 01-26-2019, 03:49 AM. Reason: STILL cant freaking spell...DAMMIT!!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Polymer View Post
    Don't worry, I was cheap too ... got a simple scope after doing some due diligence and it turned out well.
    My scope cost 100 Euro inkl. VAT with 3y dealer garantee in Germany. There is also a USB-Isolated version
    of mine that costs I think 30% more, which would be very worthwhile I believe.

    If you want I can put the data up here. My scope uses about 300mA and the software runs easily on an old netbook.

    Your scope seems a bit slow - 1MHz at 2 channels. Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong here.
    It has a lot of "features" though, can't say much about that.
    Yes:
    • Sample rate: up to 1MHz (dual channel) and up to 2.5MHz (single channel)
    • Input voltage: -20 – +20 V
    • ADC resolution: 12 bits
    • Triggering: rising, falling, any
    • Triggering mode: auto, single shoot

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Right now i am having only this one: https://www.poscope.com/product/posc...-mega1-bundle/
    In the past, through the years, i had dozen various oscilloscopes. All obsolete and worthless.
    Don't worry, I was cheap too ... got a simple scope after doing some due diligence and it turned out well.
    My scope cost 100 Euro inkl. VAT with 3y dealer garantee in Germany. There is also a USB-Isolated version
    of mine that costs I think 30% more, which would be very worthwhile I believe.

    If you want I can put the data up here. My scope uses about 300mA and the software runs easily on an old netbook.

    Your scope seems a bit slow - 1MHz at 2 channels. Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong here.
    It has a lot of "features" though, can't say much about that.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I was thinking on something more like this: http://www.metroteh.rs/siglent-sds-1052dl-1
    Price is approx. 300 euros.
    Question is; would it meet all the demands in wide variety of works that i do.
    I must check all before buying it. Hopefully till summer.

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    ivconic et All

    I'm currently using a cheap ( Relative Term ) Hantek 6022BL. Seems to do most all I need working on circuits like these to the most parts. No Good on RF but Audio Realm does the trick. They can be had for around $50.00 some times if you keep your ears open. Has it's limits but again there are work arounds for most I've run into.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by Tibuck19 View Post
    I did not read the hole thread, but I am assuming its to have tone id for deferent depth strength sinal throw audio and VID? I was thinking something similar, but with a VCO chip like this one.

    https://www.digikey.ca/product-detai...EaAl_lEALw_wcB
    That may do audio frequency with a large enough external Cap. Hard to tell within prototyping the circuit.

    For an audio tone VCO look at the 4046. This one does work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    I did not read the hole thread, but I am assuming its to have tone id for deferent depth strength sinal throw audio and VID? I was thinking something similar, but with a VCO chip like this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Polymer View Post
    I agree, It's very well possible what Altair describes is the problem.
    What oscilloscope are you using?

    Right now i am having only this one: https://www.poscope.com/product/posc...-mega1-bundle/
    In the past, through the years, i had dozen various oscilloscopes. All obsolete and worthless.

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Could be you have some problem with trigger... try to set correctly your trigger channel, level and slope to catch the signal.
    I agree, It's very well possible what Altair describes is the problem.
    What oscilloscope are you using?

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Could be you have some problem with trigger... try to set correctly your trigger channel, level and slope to catch the signal.
    What i really need; is to stop being so cheap, open up and buy decent digital oscilloscope, once for all!
    Otherwise i will continue to chase a goose in a fog for good!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X