Thanks, friends. Link to my disk with the collected material. There is also a diagram Nautilus IIB and PCB that I drew. Be careful, it may contain errors. Sorry for my English, I use a translator.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Nautilus DMC IIb schematic
Collapse
X
-
Multifrequency designs do not resonate the coil at all, they leave it wideband. Probably all of them have the preamp in the coil, the reason for doing that is to improve the SNR of the signal going up the cable. In that respect, practically all detectors would benefit from moving the preamp to the coil.Originally posted by yoyo27983 View PostYes, I did know the 2Ba had a preamp. I suspect (thinking like a tech) that is how the modern multi frequency machines must be getting away with making the coil resonant at different frequencies, by switching different caps in parallel with the coil at the preamp. I would love to know if I am correct or not. I have a Nokta Legend and looked at the frequency output of it in multi modes. It appears to be a variable pulse width modulated square wave.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Thanks for the file share Mario-23!
Carl, thanks for the note about the modern multi freq coils. I have a lot to learn about how the various coils work. I am a radio tech by trade and an amateur radio operator so I understand why they would put a preamp in the coil. I would have bet they were trying to make the coil resonant for best efficiency. That surprises me! My friend is going to buy a 2Ba in the near future. I can probably get some more information from him. Does anyone have any specific questions? Not sure if he is willing to tear the board out of it for good pictures though.
Comment
-
Single frequency detectors (like the Nautilus) almost always have a resonant TX coil for power efficiency, and almost always run a sine wave. The RX coil can be tuned or not, it's done to decrease EMI noise. In multifrequency, the TX is always wideband and driven with a rectangular waveform. The RX is always wideband.
I'm in the market for a DMC-2B, but not at the price most people want for one.
Comment
-
I can't find the doc or the notes on the google drive. Could you give me any directions where they are if they are even shared?Originally posted by yoyo27983 View PostI did take some measurements with my O'scope and voltmeter which are in the notebook and did not get typed into the word doc. I was also disappointed not to be able to read the components on the autotune Bd.
Comment
-
The notebook is the hand written notes I had taken when I had this on the bench and testing it. They did not get copied into the word doc I had started that is in the folder.Originally posted by Mario-j23 View Post
I can't find the doc or the notes on the google drive. Could you give me any directions where they are if they are even shared?
Comment
-
Originally posted by kt315 View PostI am not familiar where the Archive is located.
the Archive is on my GOOGLE disc, i give a link above in post.
I can't get there. It appears to take me to a log in page, If I log in using my gmail id, it says that the drive is not accessible because I don't have permission to access it. I guess you need to tag it somehow
- Likes 1
Comment
-
on every link to the disc i give here to someone i get 10-20+ requests. while i give to just one. so i can NOT distinguish where is your request or not because all people under nicks. check your SPAM box. i am looking it regularly too.
- Likes 1
Comment

Comment