Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground balance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eclipse
    replied
    You can use this circuit - just add 2 more delayed samples (GB1/GB2) to your regular circuit (MPP for example). op amp 5.2 is your regular intergrator (s1/s2); and op amp 5.1 is going to be connected to the delay samples integrator (GB).

    GB1 = 10us after S1
    GB2 = 10us after S2

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    No this is just answer to the question of the topic (just a regular TDI/GoldScan ground balance with manual adjustment).
    I'm curious about doing auto GB and I don't see this being discussed anywhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    How about automatic ground balance ? Is not something that I believe has been discussed.
    I have read and on how newer VLF detectors do auto GB but never for a PI.
    Can you please describe how this circuit would auto GB?

    One of the key and tricky parts of auto GB is the Time constant for the GB adjust. If too fast then it adjusts out target response. if too slow then doesn't track changing ground conditions. I don't see any timing constant in your circuit.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    How about automatic ground balance ? Is not something that I believe has been discussed.

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Bayu
    replied
    ok thank you, master, I will try to thank you for the advice

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    As I posted, there are many GB schematics and methods in the forums here.

    Is the PI Polones circuit ucomtroller based?
    If so then check my HH2 thread on the 3-sample GB method.

    The other common method is another integrator and two more sampling switches to create a GB 'channel'.
    This is then subtracted from the 'main' detection' channel. TDI, SD2000, etc use this method.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bayu
    replied
    is there no separate schematic specifically pi? because I modified pi polones in the frequency section to be sensitive to gold, and the results are satisfactory, I just need to add GB for my device

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Many in this forum.
    First check the TDI schematic.
    Then there are mods for the MPP and maybe the Surf PI.

    Last is the firmware approach I used in my HH2. Easiest if all timing is done with a ucontroller but could be done with hardware timing (just messy).

    Leave a comment:


  • Bayu
    started a topic Ground balance

    Ground balance

    does anyone have a ground balance schematic for pi
Working...
X